New Companions Mod: Need Help!

Airahn

I have been looking at and been using some of the companion mods for a while now, and I just have to say one thing. I'm sick and tired of companions not talking!

So this is my proposal, I want to make a new companion to my liking that can talk, maybe even a couple that are his friends or something. I am going to add a couple quests to him, one personnel quest-line for good friends for sure. Maybe a romance option for female characters only. Custom weapons and custom Armor. Having a custom voice allowing him talk, like adding comments here and there, when talked to, and so on and so forth. I want to do more, but more brainstorming will come later. The problem is, I know absolutely nothing about how I'm going to do this! I need help, so I am calling a rally to those interested into forming a team with me and helping me do this. And yes, this mod was completely inspired by the Vija Companion mod...

Things I need:

-All the tools for creating a NPC and project of this scale

-Help from other modders

-Resource List

-Brainstorm Sessions

Mod Skills Needed

-Those who are familiar with modding (A MUST)

-Voice Actors (Don't know how many yet)

-Clothing Modders

-Armor Modders

-Weapon Modders

-House/Room Modders

-Scripters (Data)

-Script Writers (For what the companions are gonna say)

-And possibly more, depends

This is a call to arms, please lend your Assistance!

Sign me up for male voice actor! :dance: Not that people like male companions. :(

Also, if you want these companions to be able to interact with vanilla NPCs (or mod-added ones using NPC voices), you gotta equip them with topics that can be discussed together. Basically the original vanilla topics, voiced using your custom voice actors. It seems Summerset Isle has become a much more dangerous place. They say syndicates of wizards have... led a boycott of Imperial goods in the land of the Altmer. And so on.

Otherwise you'll end up with companions that don't talk to other NPCs, or have silent voices when talking.

For an idea of what is possible with a companion mod, try out Companion Vilja. She's fully voiced, with her own opinions on many topics. Some of her dialogue is really witty - apparently fantasy author Terry Pratchett has used the mod from it's early days and has worked with the author to add some really fun comments and dialogues in. Well worth a look, and may give you a few more ideas.