shrink model in nifscope

Neanka

Start with a toy car, copy stuff over to it... done.

i tried that. i open toy car, then copy there all bstrishapes from vertibird and all seems fine, but when i delete original toy car bstrishape i have ctd when access model in game

In my short time doing this, Ive learned the hard way .nifs are very, very picky. That is to say, you may simple have the main NiNode stating that it has say 5 children instead of the 4 it actually has, and that can cause problems.

Though, its also possible the vertibird mesh is just too dense at the scale and that causes it. There can be a lot of little things wrong.

Start with a toy car, copy stuff over to it... done.

i tried that. i open toy car, then copy there all bstrishapes from vertibird and all seems fine, but when i delete original toy car bstrishape i have ctd when access model in game

Use the sanitize options - Collapse all link arrays in particular.

What works for me usually is to copy the entire NiNode, then delete the BSX, CPA, pretty much everything but the collision and BSTriShapes. Sorry, didn't read the way you were doing it (That was how I add collision to a different mesh, you are adding the mesh to the one that has collision).

One of the most common causes of a mesh I edited causing a CTD is having blocks outside of the main NiNode. Whenever you add something from a different mesh, make sure it is added as a child to the main node (or one of the sub-nodes). And whenever deleting something from a mesh (whether it is collision, BSTriShapes, animations, or snap points) make sure you delete all of it. Remove branch is great for that if you don't need any of the sub-data for your new mesh, and I think that it will leave anything that is a child to something else (so if you attach it to the new part before removing the old, Remove Branch should still be fine to use). Not sure on that last part.

finally got it worked

http://i.imgur.com/qT32LaS.png

1 more question, why i can't open xxxxx_n.dds files?

They're texture files. I think you need GIMP of Photoshop with the dds plugin.. can't be certain.

finally got it worked

They're texture files. I think you need GIMP of Photoshop with the dds plugin.. can't be certain.

thanks gimp works fine

(it is strange I can open with paint.net xxxx_d.dds texstures, bou can't xxxx_s.dds and xxxx_n.dds)

It's because they're formatted differently I think. I remember looking for and finding a plugin for paint.net that is supposed to allow it to work with normal maps, but I'm not sure if it actually works, haven't tested it yet.

Neanka, on 27 Mar 2016 - 02:21 AM, said:

finally got it worked

http://i.imgur.com/qT32LaS.png

That's an interesting looking vertibird :tongue: (Kidding of course) Glad you got it working!

Edited by JuJooGuppy