Oblivion Sound/Codec Error

Minnan1

Ok....I've been playing Oblivion a long time ago....and for some reason whenever the music changes (example: Combat music transition) the game freezes a few seconds....at first I was tolerant but now is becoming a true pain in the ass (sorry for the rude words).

So I wanted to know what do you guys suggest....the first thing I found was to delete/disable the conflicting codecs...but I have no Idea how to identify and delete them...

PLEASE help me with this one...

Unless you've unpacked the Vanilla bsa archives, a likely reason for the hesitation in loading the new music could stem from decompressing the archive and then finally playing it. If you are on a low-end PC a good resolution to your trouble is to disable music. OR...Get BSA Commander (Or Obmm which has the same two functions-bsa browser and bsa creator) and unpack and repack the bsa archives without compression. Using this method, you will also have to use ArchiveInvalidated! or BSA Redirection with OBMM.

Unless you've unpacked the Vanilla bsa archives, a likely reason for the hesitation in loading the new music could stem from decompressing the archive and then finally playing it. If you are on a low-end PC a good resolution to your trouble is to disable music. OR...Get BSA Commander (Or Obmm which has the same two functions-bsa browser and bsa creator) and unpack and repack the bsa archives without compression. Using this method, you will also have to use ArchiveInvalidated! or BSA Redirection with OBMM.

Dude....In english...a more simple english please...no offense but I'm not very good at english

Couple possibles here.....

Find, and install, the klite codec basic codec pack. Be sure it is set to repair broken codecs, and that ffdshow is configured to ignore oblivion, audio, and video.

Or.....

Find the setting in your oblivion.ini, located in my games\oblivion:

bmusicenabled=1

change the one to a zero. save it.

You won't have music anymore, (nor will you have the problems it causes....) but, life doesn't come with theme music anyway does it? Gives a nice performance boost too.

Find, and install, the klite codec basic codec pack. Be sure it is set to repair broken codecs, and that ffdshow is configured to ignore oblivion, audio, and video.

Or.....

bmusicenabled=1

You won't have music anymore, (nor will you have the problems it causes....) but, life doesn't come with theme music anyway does it? Gives a nice performance boost too.

I'll try the first one...I'll post if it worked or not

Or.....

bmusicenabled=1

Just one thing...how do I configure ffdshow...I dont even know where to find it o_O

Or.....

bmusicenabled=1

Nevermind...I already configured ffdshow... but how do I configure klite to repair broken codecs?

An alternative explanation, which is worth ruling out:

If your antivirus is set to do an on-access scan of files, every time Oblivion tries to access the .bsa file to change music the AV will cut in, and scan, before allowing it. Check your antivirus options - and if you can, JUST for the on-access scan, disable the Oblivion (and OBSE if used) processes.