Thieves Guild "Independent Thievery" Problem

julius013

Hello, I completed the Thieves Guild quest - "Arrow of Extrication". Then the "Independent Thievery" quest appears ant it says that I need to fence at least 800 gold. When I steal some goods from houses and go to Fathis Ules (best fence) location, and try to talk with him, he just says - "You've made your choice. Now leave me be." Then I go to any of the previous fences, I can sell goods to them. but the "Amount Fenced" is not increasing. I completed the "Sins of the Father" quest and gave the sword to Chorrol Count.

What should I do? Thanks in advance.

If you turned the Honorblade of Chorrol over to Laythe Wavrick you will no longer be able to use Fathis Ules as a fence (the Unofficial Oblivion patch returns him to the IC and makes him available as a fence again). If installing the UOP doesn't solve your problem you could advance Independent Thievery using the console (opened using the tilde (~) key). The console command "setstage TGStolenGoods 120" (without the quotes) completes Independent Thievery. You can use "getstage TGStolenGoods" (again without the quotes) to get your current stage in Independent Thievery and then try using "setstage TGStolenGoods XXX" (with your current stage plus 10 instead of XXX ... eg. if your current stage is 70 then try setstage TGStolenGoods 80) if you want to insure you don't have trouble getting your next assignments in the Thieves Guild (see the first listed bug in the Bugs section of the UESP Walkthrough for the Thieves Guild for more detail).