What do you think? :)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you like quotes??

• Oh man, they're great!! :D
    • Oh well, they're okay.. :)
    • Uhm.. I don't know..? óÒ
    • Nah, they're not that good, are they? ¬.¬
    • No, I don't like them.. DX

"Most of what I know about the meaning of life comes from shooting midgets in the head" -anonymous columnist "guerilla gamer", PC Powerplay december '09

Midsummer nights dream III,2

Puck:

"And so far am I glad it so did sort

As this their jangling I esteem a sport."

Obviously Shakespeare

"Light a man a fire, he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life." ~Edgar Frog

"Space Marines are legend. Traitor marines are nightmare." ~Lord Inquisitor Kolgo

"Without war, human kind can never know peace, because if there was no war, no killing and misery, then they woulden't be able to understand it thus maintain it." ~Sky crawlers

"How are those little hot potatoes? Get it? Because there on the ground like potatoes, and hot because they...um...explode." ~Moira Brown

"Why is the rum gone?"

~Jack Sparrow

"Ah yes, you see Miss Beatrice suffered a terrible sprain in her left toe, the big one. So clearly I had no choice.but to amputate. The leg. Unfortunately the operation was unsuccessful."

-mister gutsy robot who' name I can't remember from vualt 101

Edited by Pyrosocial

"Fantastic!" - Ninth Doctor

"Come along, Pond!" - Eleventh Doctor

"Have you ever had those little cakes, with the crunchy ball bearings on top... ever had those... those things? Nobody else in the entire galaxy has ever even bothered to make edible ball bearings! Genius!" - Tenth Doctor

"'Fraid so; more hasta less vista." - Seventh Doctor

"That's three "I"s in one breath — makes you sound a rather egotistical young lady." - Sixth Doctor

"An apple a day keeps the... Ah, never mind." - Fifth Doctor

"You're standing on my scarf." - Fourth Doctor

"So you're my replacements — a dandy and a clown!" - First Doctor

"Shoes." - Third Doctor

"I should like a hat like that." - Second Doctor

As you can probably see, I'm a bit of a Doctor Who fan. :rolleyes:

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

"Where is no justice, there is no freedom, and where there is no freedom, there is no justice."

The walk to Syracuse

Johann Gottfried Seume

"History is a pack of lies we play on the dead."

-Voltaire (1694-1778)

"History is a set of lies agreed upon."

-Napoleon

"History is written by the victors ... There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true."

-Winston Churchill

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one."

"If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

-Friedrich Neitzsche

If just one person had stopped and taken the time to look at the guy, to listen to him, to figure out what was wrong with him it might not have happened. It took five people to kill him. It would have only taken one person to save his life.

--Some CSI Episode I watched, thought it was a fairly... poignant quote.

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

RZ, I am so enamoured of every single one of your quotes, I'm not sure I want to post any. They are all great. Oddly, I especially love the one from CSI. Think I even saw that episode. Anyway, I'm in a Douglas Adams frame of mind tonight, so here are a few of my favorites from him:

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move".

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be".

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes".

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live".

and finally,

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so".