Legacy of Skynet

Cyberweasel89

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the matter of welding weapons, couldn't the weapons be mounted in skynet's body? You know, like a machine gun is mounted on a tank. The barrel can swivel around protected at the base by hard rubber. Maybe a panel could be added so weapons could be interchanged, and/or maybe the same weapon can be used for a long ranged weapon as well as short ranged by being able to attach a rifled barrel on the end. What do you think?

Sonar Attack will do just fine, add range and lethality, done.

One could even make it a area spell, around SN, much like a bomb, but with sonar waves instead (for when he gets swarmed).

That however would require some new effects I am afraid....

Still, a sonar AoE attack, I think SN would appreciate this... XD

Edited by Klipperken

Sonar Attack will do just fine, add range and lethality, done.

One could even make it a area spell, around SN, much like a bomb, but with sonar waves instead (for when he gets swarmed).

That however would require some new effects I am afraid....

Still, a sonar AoE attack, I think SN would appreciate this... XD

How about using the lakelurk attack graphics for the sonar attack? That would work, wouldn't it?

The normal sonar attack has graphs, I meant for the AoE attack, the "bomb" attack...

It would be a 360 degree attack, like a sonic mine going off, originating from within SN.

But, again, even though SN would have an attack like this, it would require new effects....

Well, as I said earlier, the Bio-Med Gel that Skynet's Cybernetic Brain floats in would heal any damage dealt to it. But Skynet always was a bit whacky in terms of personality, so there's no need to give him brain damage to make him stupid.

Something that MUST be done in the dialogue, though...

Skynet recites from the dictionary. XD

Why? He did it in Fallout 2. When you find his main terminal in the Army Depot in Fallout 2, he asks you who you are. If you say "I'm a friend.", Skynet responds with "Define... Friend... Noun... One who is not hostile. Proceed to the next room."

It's actually something I've already begun doing in Unknown Origins (though not to the level of annoyance), which now features Skynet as the Courier's second companion. I admit, she might've gotten Skynet a bit too early, but I saw my opportunity and had to do it.

I just wish I could find my freakin' copy of Fallout 2 to refresh my memory... All I've got are some vague and cherished memories of playing Fallout 2 and the dialogue files on the Fallout Wiki.

But of course!

Now, do know, that in the time he is scouting the world, he MIGHT have learned to ignore this feature, and begin normal conversations.

However, I DO like this, a lot.

If you need a hand there, I am game.

Tell me what you want and how you want it and i will do me utter best for ye...