Nakedness in Skyrim

draconix

593 members have voted

1. 1. Nudity?

• Yay
    • Nay

<snip>

Incorrect... Oblivion was released with a Teen rating by the ESRB. When the game was re-reviewed in light of the naked mesh and some of the gore elements which were missing/not noticed in the pre-release screening of the game, the rating was raised to M.<snip>

I'm one of the lucky ones to still have a "rare" and "coveted" copy of the "Teen" rated version. :happy:

And, (since I don't want to spam a topic) I figured that I would enter some input.

I feel that you should add a "Meh." option, purely for people who are like me; I really don't care. If Bethesda wants to add nudity, that's their prerogative. If they do add nudity, that's fine by me. If they don't add nudity, that's also fine by me (I - like many other users - plan on using a community made body mod).

So, as I stated above, "Meh." :mellow:

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4: First off, where did Daggerfall have nudity (DONT GIVE A PIC!)? Second, the ESRB did not exist then. Hence, it was totally unrated, as no rating system existed.

The female daedra and witches (Along with many other female characters with a magical bent) were topless.

I say no, I'd rather have bethesda worry about making the game fun and exciting. Especially since the games main feature would be combat, so I'd rather they focused their time on making combat essentials instead of nudity, plus the modders will take care of it. But that's not to say I am against nudity, I honestly don't see why the ESRB and news networks care so much it's just naked people. On the other hand, nudity can also ruin a game by making it solely about the big boobs or other sexual content that really has no place in a game like skyrim.

In the words of M'aiq "It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."

The only two reasons I can see for nudity to be included are:

1. Sexual gratifacation for the player. They want nudity in the game because they like looking at nude women/men. This is clearly the reason a large number of players want it included as demonstrated by the popularity of bouncing boobs/sexy outfit mods. This is all well and good but I'd rather those people go look for that stuff elsewhere (on the internet maybe?) rather than use an epic, lore-rich, immersive, million dollar, flagship game as a vehicle for staring at people's genetalia.

2. Immersion. I can see where people are coming from slightly more with this one. Nudity is the natural state for humans and indeed there are many places around the worlds where nudity is commonplace. You could argue that the governments of the countries in which the game is most popular have made laws about public nudity, but they've also made laws about killing and stealing and the most popular games often have these features.

I think in the end it comes down to how realistic Beth want to make the game. There's never going to be total immersion in a computer game. Meat doesn't go off and start to rot, families don't weep for their loved ones, intestines don't spill out all over the floor when you stab someone, and so on...

It's all about the mood the devs want to set in the game. In The Witcher, this mood was edgy and full of tension, so having strong, passionate characters engaging in sexual acts made sense in the context of the game design. I've always seen the TES series as being more about discovery and exploration rather than developing relationships or telling a strong story, and I don't think nudity would have any impact on the game. Why put something so controversial in when you can't do anything with it?

Wow, I ramble :facepalm:

Edited by kibblesticks

I live in Europe and i have no Problem with Nudity in Skyrim, but like other pointed out, this would be a big Problem in the States. Dont know whats the problem over there with Nudity anyway. And Nudity/Sex in Videogames starting to get boring because every RPG seems to have it nowadays, the little Kiddys who never saw a naked woman before love it. For me, it's just a "realistic" tone added to the Game, not more.

There will be mods after the release anyway :mellow:

So i voted no.

Agreed Glomp, the uhh... "default male underwear" was beyond aweful, a brown diaper/nappy to say the least, and the female equivalent just looks damn uncomfortable. I mean, come on, seriously, a LEATHER bra? that's THAT tight? ouch...

Well, I think it's important to remember that diferent people have diferent upbringings and tastes, just live and let live, just because you disgaree doesn't give you any reason or right to express that disagreement. Don't try to argue taste folks: a wise man once said "you can't compare Pineapple to Cheese, and you can't have a proper pizza without both of them" Likewise in some countries prostitution, public nudity, and a certain degree if sexual expression are perfectly acceptable. Ever been to Brazil? or Amsterdam? diferent strokes for diferent folks, it's how the world works.

Edited by Vindekarr

I voted no.

To be honest, I don't really understand why this poll was made, or more precisely, the path this conversation has taken. You'd suppose they had all of the modeling work done 6 months before releasing the game, so asking if it should, or should not have instead of perma-underwear won't really matter. Don't misunderstand my statement though, I don't mind at all about the presence of nakedness, but I'm more worried about gameplay itself. As Vindekarr said, and I totally agree, most people here seem to be having a "battle of taste". Our awesome modding community exists because of that, but not only, so that they can provide us with that they enjoy creating, and we love making use of :dance: