Hardest game you played...

RavveN

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two. The first one is Castlevania Portrait of Ruin while playing lvl 1 max cap hard mode. It got obnoxious at time when bosses could easily one shot you :wallbash:

The other one was Bayonetta. The game its self is not hard, but that lost chapter... some serious nerd rage was provoked. After 8 hrs of dying (the game its self could be completed in 2-3 if you rushed it) I finally beat it and ranked like 40somethingth in the world, and at least the top 20 for time just hold that spot from either hacking or dying quickly.

It was good to beat, but getting to the last boss and dying did made me a bit angry, especially since it happened more than once :laugh:

*edit*

super meat boy is hard, but it doesn't take all that long to beat the tough levels, just about 400 lives and the controller through the monitor :biggrin:

Edited by tttttt

Transformers: War For Cybertron. The only good TF game in a bloody long time(not since Melbourne House died :( )and a little gem hidden amongst truly abysmal movie tie-tins, it on max dificulty I think is about as hard as you can get and still be really fun, it's one of those wierd little dificulty levels that's just absolutely spot-on, like a Halo on Heroic, legendary would be too hard to be not frustrating, Normal would be a cakewalk, but Heroic is "just so".

Dawn Of War II on Primarch. Alas I am NOT a Primarch which means I had to sneak through this EVIL and incredibly unrelisticaly hard game mode using cunning and guile. I never played it again either on Primarch because every body knows Space Marines are virtualy indestructible, they don't keel over after a single Shuriken Catapult shell.*fanrage*

Split Second: Velocity: Dificulty done wrong, very wrong, infact the whole game just stinks of badly made really. The AI will ALWAYS have a faster car than you, and usualy a whole class above at that( we aren't talking a small diference, we're talking a tutorial car VS an endgame unlock) and when that means a diference of asmuch as 70 MPH top speed, it's just painful, Worse, you lose MASSIVE amounts of velocity whenever you steer even slightly, the AI don't, and the AI also works as a team to stop you, rather than racing against eachother-once a brekaway has occured catching up is virtualy impossible as the game favours just that(though the AI are essentialy teleported to you should you make a break) further, the AI at the front won't duel eachother for position, they'll instead work to try and stop you catching them.

Everyone knows a teamate is your biggest rival-Ayrton Senna VS Allain Prost anyone? best racing I ever saw, and they were in the same team, but they kept it fair, and usualy acted like gentlemen... usualy Likewise Louis Hamilton VS Fernando Alonso, epic battle, ego-warfare on a grand scale, and while neither came close to Senna or Prost for talent or skill, it was a helluva year, fireworks abounded.

Halo: Combat Evolved was a cakewalk on normal? I had to put it on Recruit and even then I couldn't complete it.

I probably shouldn't answer the topic question, I'm so terrible at playing games that they're all hard.

Cripes... I've had so much bloody difficulty with Red Faction.

About halfway through the game, there are new enemies with guns that are 2-3 hit kills (and they never miss). Plus, you have an "armor" feature, but that armor also doubles as a space-suit. So, say for example, you are fighting out on the surface of Mars. There is a sniper in a position that you can't get to. The above mentioned sniper hits you - your suit is now punctured, and you get to watch as your health ticks down, 5 HP per second. If you don't find an armor pick-up within 20 seconds, you're dead. If you attempt to kill the sniper, you vision goes all wonky each time you take damage; you're dead. If you somehow manage to back-track all the way to where you think you may have found an armor pickup, but then you realize that the pick-ups disappear after you enter a new area, and then you quick-save right before you die: you're dead.

The ending sequence involves running down a series of corridors (on foot), with several flying gunships, tons of troops (all with Gauss Rifles; one-hit kills in that game), and at the end, you are given minimal health in order to defeat the final boss, who has a shield that is impossible to take down with anything short of a nuclear bomb (and yes, that is a weapon available), and then you need to get rid of her health as well. And, to top it off, you have no indication of how damaged she is. :pinch:

That game would have been just about impossible if not for the save-state feature that came with the PC version. I would hate to think of what PS2 players went through when it first came out.

Edited by IndorilTheGreat