ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fallout 4 Survival Mode Beta

SirSalami

In response to post #36130510. #36130800, #36130820, #36130855, #36131325, #36133355, #36145900 are all replies on the same post.

steve40 wrote:

Bethesda have done a half-arsed job of disabling mods in the survival beta, as all my texture, mesh, sound and material replacer files are still showing in-game...

terkup wrote: That's because those use loose files, it disables all .ESP and .ESM mods however.
Eruadur wrote: Only esp and esm are disabled.
You have done a half arsed job by not knowing this already,lol :)
OtakuWit wrote: That's because most texture/mesh/sound/etc replacers just replace, or are loaded over, the original files as opposed to adding new content via esp file, and would be rather difficult to disable. Combine this with the fact that they're not very likely to affect the new survival mode features in any way, and there's not much reason to even bother trying.
steve40 wrote: No s#*! guys, that's why I called them "replacer files" ;P
Zaldiir wrote: There is no reason for them to remove the files from your game folder, so why would they do that? They simply disabled mods due to them potentially causing issues with the update. A texture, mesh, sound, or material file is not going to mess with the update.
steve40 wrote: No, but they could cause game issues and complicate the beta testing. Loose textures in mods like Gore Overhaul, for example, caused CTDs after previous game updates. Surely Beth could easily make the beta executable ignore loose files during the test period.

Gore Overhaul had badly written textures. It would eventually cause your game to crash at some point with or without updates and such

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #36130510. #36130800, #36130820, #36130855, #36131325, #36133355, #36145900, #36161705 are all replies on the same post.

steve40 wrote:

Bethesda have done a half-arsed job of disabling mods in the survival beta, as all my texture, mesh, sound and material replacer files are still showing in-game...

terkup wrote: That's because those use loose files, it disables all .ESP and .ESM mods however.
OtakuWit wrote: That's because most texture/mesh/sound/etc replacers just replace, or are loaded over, the original files as opposed to adding new content via esp file, and would be rather difficult to disable. Combine this with the fact that they're not very likely to affect the new survival mode features in any way, and there's not much reason to even bother trying.
Zaldiir wrote: There is no reason for them to remove the files from your game folder, so why would they do that? They simply disabled mods due to them potentially causing issues with the update. A texture, mesh, sound, or material file is not going to mess with the update.
steve40 wrote: No, but they could cause game issues and complicate the beta testing. Loose textures in mods like Gore Overhaul, for example, caused CTDs after previous game updates. Surely Beth could easily make the beta executable ignore loose files during the test period.
Eruadur wrote: Gore Overhaul had badly written textures. It would eventually cause your game to crash at some point with or without updates and such

Exactly steve, that was well within the realm of possibilities. Considering all of the other steps they've taken it would have made sense to me for sure. This has been a really strange experience with Beta with plenty of inconsistencies.

Maybe someone already pointed this out, but from what I am reading in the comments is people missing the point of mods being disabled. I think it's a clear sign GECK is being readied for this patch. Which they said april is the launch date. I remember all the mods for skyrim that users patched over to CK and later CK versions. The CK broke skyrim mods pre or prior versions of the CK and it was probably for the better. I don't technically understand the reasons why, but I think I am seeing a pattern emerging with GE(CK) and incompatibility. So there is a good chance there is a technical reason and not just a testing practice they are only forcing for this patch.

So only opt for beta if you know what you are getting into. Uninstalling mod's and or running a repair on fallout 4 might be a good idea if you want to go for it anyway with a previously modded game.

Edited by WesSeH

In response to post #36151300.

Jellyjoker wrote: I cannot stand the save mechanic, losing loads of playtime because "Molotov spam, lol" is really frustrating and not in a good way.

well it IS a beta, your feedback is wanted, go post it on the bethesda forums, and try to be plesant, it might be adjusted, but not if everyone is being annoying about it

In response to post #36131310.

Psychochilla wrote: my general settings always opt me out of betas but for some reason it still broke 2 of my mods >:(

the beta did not break your mods, you did. the beta DISABLED the mods for a reason, as to be completely independent from them. there are ways to fix it, you just need to read, that, and don't start a beta on existing saves, it was always recommended to start a new game

In response to post #36130510. #36130800, #36130820, #36130855, #36131325, #36133355, #36145900, #36161705, #36163965 are all replies on the same post.

steve40 wrote:

Eruadur wrote: Gore Overhaul had badly written textures. It would eventually cause your game to crash at some point with or without updates and such
FightmeRL wrote: Exactly steve, that was well within the realm of possibilities. Considering all of the other steps they've taken it would have made sense to me for sure. This has been a really strange experience with Beta with plenty of inconsistencies.

hate to break it to you, but this sounds like user error, not bethesda.

In response to post #36128460.

lupettorosso wrote: prejudice but it is an error of Bethesda in the beta or wanted to disable the mod?

they disabled the mods temporarily while opted into the beta, the reasons are obvious, and you can still play mods outside of the beta

In response to post #36127385. #36127815 is also a reply to the same post.

Dasangel wrote: Finding it pretty challenging and fun. Wanted to go back to my old games which are heavily modded and.... can't. They'd be stuffed without their mods.

So, just Opt Out, you say?

Not possible. The Opt In bar on Steam under Properties/Beta does not toggle.
20rakah wrote: try verifying the cashe, restarting steam or reinstalling F4. failing that delete clientregistry.blob and see if that helps

user error, there is a good way to fix the "errors"

general tip would be to start a new game on a beta, do some reading, you can find your answer out there.

In response to post #36130510. #36130800, #36130820, #36130855, #36131325, #36133355, #36145900, #36161705, #36163965, #36166570 are all replies on the same post.

steve40 wrote:

FightmeRL wrote: Exactly steve, that was well within the realm of possibilities. Considering all of the other steps they've taken it would have made sense to me for sure. This has been a really strange experience with Beta with plenty of inconsistencies.
rotwhip wrote: hate to break it to you, but this sounds like user error, not bethesda.

Bethesda did a terrible f*#@ing job on whole fo4 itself. I mean look how they released the game, see how many mods are out there already fixing stuff.