The Mod Configuration Menu

Pelinor

Hm, and have you tried just placing a box on the real screen?

So there would be a control window in the center, with 2 sliders to move the box, maybe some buttons align left/right/top/center if you're feeling fancy, and left and right of the control window arrows to move it (3 fixed, left, center, right, just to be sure it can be moved out of the way in case thats necessary)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beta 9 is pretty solid. Not managed to find any bugs (didnt try the one you mentioned fixing in beta10). Going to bed now but will test beta 10 some tomorrow.

Beta 10 is now Version 1.1 for the public. It's safe to release any menus using the new multi-menu feature now.

I forgot to mention earlier, but there's a "StartMenu/MCM/_MCM" that has the file version, 1.1 right now; your mods can check against _MCM and give a warning to the user if they're using an MCM older than needed for your menu.

• 7 months later...

I'm working on an MCM-based mod, but I'm hitting the script size limit. Is there an easy way to break up my MCM script into sub-scripts that implement my desired functionality for each of the "StartMenu/MCM/_XXX" conditions?

Edit: I figured out how to do this based on this thread: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/219290-geck-script-character-limit/

Basically I added stages to the quest that MCM requires you to attach your script to. I then added an empty log entry to each, and placed the desired code in each result script. Finally, I made the main script call SetStage to execute the desired result scripts. I also made sure to configure the quest to allow stages to occur multiple times.

Edited by HunterZ

I'm working on an MCM-based mod, but I'm hitting the script size limit. Is there an easy way to break up my MCM script into sub-scripts that implement my desired functionality for each of the "StartMenu/MCM/_XXX" conditions?

Edit: I figured out how to do this based on this thread: http://forums.nexusm...haracter-limit/

Basically I added stages to the quest that MCM requires you to attach your script to. I then added an empty log entry to each, and placed the desired code in each result script. Finally, I made the main script call SetStage to execute the desired result scripts. I also made sure to configure the quest to allow stages to occur multiple times.

The last page of the guide (page 23) that comes with MCM contains a fairly painless method for breaking out your MCM menus into separate scripts entitled "Multiple Menus".

Basically it involves adding each menu to the rList variable then checking the value of _ActiveMenu.

Edit: I figured out how to do this based on this thread: http://forums.nexusm...haracter-limit/

The last page of the guide (page 23) that comes with MCM contains a fairly painless method for breaking out your MCM menus into separate scripts entitled "Multiple Menus".

Basically it involves adding each menu to the rList variable then checking the value of _ActiveMenu.

Is that the method where I use a mod-level entry for each submenu instead of a submenu-level entry? I wanted to really avoid that because people have reported issues when they have too many mod entries in MCM. The method I used turned out to be pretty painless as well, as the quest stage result scripts actually do appear to work just like using numbered subroutines.

Edit: I'm also not sure if the "multiple menus" approach would have worked for me, as I actually had to break one of my sub-scripts down into a further set of sub-scripts due to its length (my follower cheat menu mod really has a lot of options in it now!).

Edited by HunterZ

Is that the method where I use a mod-level entry for each submenu instead of a submenu-level entry? I wanted to really avoid that because people have reported issues when they have too many mod entries in MCM. The method I used turned out to be pretty painless as well, as the quest stage result scripts actually do appear to work just like using numbered subroutines.

Yup, it's a mod level menu entry. Your choice really, whichever method seems better to you. Was just pointing out the alternative.