Strange question

Tigrah2k

I have a question that is a little strange. I posed it in chat, and received some encouraging comments. From that conversation, I've reached the conclusion that there's a program out there that can turn the game planes and vertices from CS or CK into a .nif file that can then be manipulated in Blender.

The question: Is there a program that will grab the landscape vertices and planes, and convert them into a .nif file? If so, what?

The purpose is to create a .nif file that I can use as a City Map Object for a city builder mod (I would like to do this with both Morrowind, and Skyrim). Further, this would be valuable as a template object for creating contour appropriote objects for my mod. Such as street objects, landscape objects, etc.

My appologies if this is convusing, I'll try to clear it up as best I can if needs be. And thanks for any info I can get, whether it's a positive result or otherwise.

AFAIK Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind all use different versions of the NIF format so it will probably just work with Morrowind. Oh, and the ESP plugin formats are different too, so yeah, probably will only work with Morrowind.

After looking, and downloading the file, I found it in the Morrowind files Dragon32. I'm glad it's here too.

Changing subject though... Has anyone heard of any modders resource packs that gives a marble retexture for the pc races? Maybe for Dagoth Ur as well? I have a statue in mind I'd like to create, based on the statue of Almalexia and the daedra in Mournhold plaza. I'd like it to include variable race/gender for the pc character. If not, I'd like to be able to make the request. I'm tempted to do a "generic" rock retex for the pc races for the interum to see how the statue would turn out, but I'd like it to have believable levels of detail for the faces. Kind of like a deliberately carved statue, rather than an amorphous vaguely character looking construct.

While I'm at it, how do I remove the animations from a pc race, so I can make it into a statue?

Edited by Tigrah2k

I'll take a look. Any clue how I'd remove animations, and how to most effectively put a character into a pose? Is there a way to transfer such a pose, given they are all based on "skeletons" from one to another, for ease of maintaining the same look? Sorry for the bombardment of questions. I like the idea, and I'm a bit obsessive.