Cowardly or Aggressive Horses?

ElioraArin

I am beginning an update for a mod of mine that adds more horses to Skyrim. Personally I can't stand my horses jumping into battle & therefore I use the cowardly feature in "Convenient Horses" to make them run to safety like any normal horse would! I am considering making the horses in my mod behave this way as it is so much more realistic. Generally do people prefer their horses to fight or flee when you are under attack while dismounted?

MHO - I love to ride a horse but if one jumps into my fight, I'm liable to kill it unintentionally. I always set them to cowardly. It's always nice to have options, but if I had to choose I'd pick them to stay out of the way every time.

I am leaning towards making the mortal horses cowardly, & setting Shadowmere & Arvak as essential with the level of aggression that the mortal horses used to have due to their supernatural natures. Personally that would put me off using those two mounts as I hate my horses fighting my battles & getting in the way as AraFox mentioned, so I'm interested to hear how other people feel about it.

Thanks for the input!

Cowardly it is :D I might see if I can make Shadowmere & Arvak just stand there & not run away but also not fight.

Moksha: It's actually a mod that already exists & I'm updating - otherwise I might go for that name as it is pretty endearing! But I might consider doing a separate mod with one summonable horse, I think it may already have been done though? & of course there is already Arvak ... I'm really just modding for myself & sharing what I think others might use, so it wouldn't be a priority, especially when I haven't attempted anything with spells yet.

Edit: Being able to summon Shadowmere would be a good feature ...

Edited by ElioraArin