Trying to finish a Bat Command

LordElfa

I've put together a Bat command that involved using "openactorcontainer 1" as part of it. Now I need to know if there is a way to make that window close and close the console all in one foul swoop or at least close that window.

Can you activate keypresses within the console or at best, a command to close the trade window?

Would this work?

hidemenu containermenu
hidemenu console

Here's a list of the strings valid for hidemenu if containermenu doesn't work:

http://www.creationkit.com/UI_Script#Valid_Menu_Names

EDIT: I know that's for Skyrim, but it shouldn't be too different. I have no idea how many of those types SKSE added though, but I'd imagine they'd be present in F4SE, though I have no clue if those are accessible in the console.

EDIT2: The last time I touched scripting (which making complicated bat files counts if you ask me) was in FO3 :facepalm:

Edited by Kikaimegami

Would this work?

hidemenu containermenu
hidemenu console

EDIT: I know that's for Skyrim, but it shouldn't be too different. I have no idea how many of those types SKSE added though, but I'd imagine they'd be present in F4SE, though I have no clue if those are accessible in the console.

EDIT2: The last time I touched scripting (which making complicated bat files counts if you ask me) was in FO3 :facepalm:

Both of those work, you just saved me, thank you so very, very much. How can I repay you?

You're welcome :smile:

Pay it forward! Trawl around here and help out other people :smile:

SAdly while it did work, what I wanted it to work for didn't work itself.

You see, my problem was I wanted to assign outfits to settlers but using the console ended up with them reverting to their defaults on fast travel. Unless, that is, I opened a trade window, unequipped, then re-equipped an item.

So my idea was to dress them up, the open the window, unequip, re-equip then close window all via console but it didn't work.

Would this work?

hidemenu containermenu
hidemenu console

Thanks so much for that!

You see, my problem was I wanted to assign outfits to settlers but using the console ended up with them reverting to their defaults on fast travel. Unless, that is, I opened a trade window, unequipped, then re-equipped an item.

So my idea was to dress them up, the open the window, unequip, re-equip then close window all via console but it didn't work.

Are you willing to show the code of what you were trying?

Here is something I had in a batch file that worked (with an npc selected):

unequipall
additem 14831B
additem 913CA
additem 4CE87 48
additem 3000800
additem 2000800
equipitem 14831B
equipitem 3000800
equipitem 2000800
openactorcontainer 1

Now I'm thinking if I just add the line: HideMenu Console

it will close the console, and the player is left with the open inventory menu, ready to close with a click. Which is what I want.

What were you trying? Maybe someone can help figure it out.

Would this work?

hidemenu containermenu
hidemenu console

Thanks so much for that!

Are you willing to show the code of what you were trying?

Here is something I had in a batch file that worked (with an npc selected):

unequipall
additem 14831B
additem 913CA
additem 4CE87 48
additem 3000800
additem 2000800
equipitem 14831B
equipitem 3000800
equipitem 2000800
openactorcontainer 1

Now I'm thinking if I just add the line: HideMenu Console

it will close the console, and the player is left with the open inventory menu, ready to close with a click. Which is what I want.

What were you trying? Maybe someone can help figure it out.

removeallitems
equipitem 0000463f
equipitem 00023431
equipitem 0016892e
equipitem 001738aa
equipitem 0001F278 1
unequipitem 0001F278
player.removeitem f 0
openactorcontainer 1
equipitem 0000463f
equipitem 00023431
equipitem 0016892e
equipitem 001738aa
hidemenu containermenu
hidemenu console

Basically, empty their inventory, give them a certain outfit and weapon+ammo, open trade, take everything off, put it back on, close trade then close console. If you take something off manually while the window is open and put it back on and then close it all manually it works and they keep their stuff. It's as if doing it through console doesn't register the same way so they revert.

Yeah, removeallitems is important. I'm suuuuper lazy and was using Who Are You? for a while, but even just milling around in the same settlement, they sometimes revert their clothing. As you noticed, manually poking it fixes it, so there's something that's just missing from doing it through the console. If I had to guess, the function calls are a teensy bit different between the two (and that perhaps menumode is relevant).

This is probably something that will always be handled much more elegantly through xEdit, and the GECK when it comes out.

I've since started using Don't Call Me Settler and now I'm wondering if you could just attach uniform issuing to the title issuing script.

Ok so you have a batch file that is changing the Player's equipped items all in one shot and closing the console?

And this doesn't work for that?

player.removeallitems 
player.additem 0000463f 
player.additem 00023431
player.additem 0016892e 
player.additem 001738aa 
player.additem 0001F278 1
player.equipitem 0000463f
player.equipitem 00023431
player.equipitem 0016892e 
player.equipitem 001738aa 
hidemenu console