Roleplaying ideas

piewhale227

It's not stupid at all, that's the way you like to play the game and I applaud you for the effort that you have put into it. I wish that I had the patience to put a bit more depth into my playthrough, rather than, begin, get a fair way in, die (a lot), mod (die a LOT less, due to top notch armour and powerful guns), kill anything that moves.

Quite a setup you have there. My character personally is but a female version of Kellogg.

A scavenger / mercenary driven by greed mostly but doesn't shy away from noble acts, if they pay of course. Has a thing for synths though, so guess covenant became a quiet place after her visit. To her life in the wasteland is but matter of survival and she is hopelessly terrible at following orders or accepting authorities, she hangs out at Goodneighbour mostly dreaming about her own manor once she has enough money. To serious claims she usually responds in sarcastic manner to lighten up the mood, overconfident at times perhaps, she knows she means business and doesn't think twice about accepting offered price, haggling with her is quite tough at times. Oh did I mention she collects all sorts of things? Yes she does, she will need the manor soon.

As for the cryogenic stasis, Ashley never had a child nor was married so main quest is omitted. As to how a bank robber made it into cryo vault remains a mystery.

Edited by k361

The current vanilla game resists 'role-playing' by design, cos Beth felt the dumbed down console market doesn't like such ideas.

Only when the GECK is released (which the second DLC implies will be much later than promised), and at least six months has passed will we know if mods are rectifying this issue in Fallout 4 successfully.

Lots of people want to play as the OP suggests (and it is Beth that is 'stupid', not the people who want to role play). The version of the game engine in FO4 makes altering the base game more doable than ever. But the design of the base game is so awful and restricted, the 'enthusiasm' for correcting Beth's mistakes, and the scale of the problem may ultimately prove beyond the modding community for FO4, especially if Skyrim 2 is announced earlier than people expect.

However, I would say that psy powers and magical powers run contrary to Fallout lore- pulp SF 'super science' and the extension of the US culture of the 1930s thru early 1960s into the 21st century and the post apocalyptic world is what Fallout is about- with perhaps the implication that aspects of Lovecraftian demonics have influenced the nature of 'mutated' creatures and darkened the souls of many survivors.

The current vanilla game resists 'role-playing' by design, cos Beth felt the dumbed down console market doesn't like such ideas.

Said people who don't know to RP well.

Dude, tons of reddit, FudgeMuppet followers, some here, others on console and many others in the Skyrim blog are RPing FO4.

A.I. Manipulation - (Robotics hack perk)

Wait, what this has to do with her powers?

Also doesn't she any other skills? CHR? STR? END? Anything else?

Edited by Boombro

Well sadly my concept has to be rebooted. I got too many building mods so it started ctding everytime I accessed workshop so I decided to simply ditch everything and build up new mod base, yes I erased everything including saves:(

Is there any mod that skips the whole vault 111 scene right after character creation?

Edited by k361

Well sadly my concept has to be rebooted. I got too many building mods so it started ctding everytime I accessed workshop so I decided to simply ditch everything and build up new mod base, yes I erased everything including saves:(

Is there any mod that skips the whole vault 111 scene right after character creation?

Other than save files? No.

And remove building mods? Why didn't you scarp stuff then remove the mods?

Other than save files? No.

And remove building mods? Why didn't you scarp stuff then remove the mods?

Well I am sure I simply had too many of them, so I ditched most of them installing only keywords, ssex and homemaker for now.

Just my two cents on roleplaying FO4 which - after all is supposedly a Role Playing Game. Having been around since FO1 I think it is somewhat lacking in some ways compared to the earlier games. Had the same feeling about FO3 but still got to like it.

Anyway - I'm writing my characters story as he moves along in the search of Shaun. That demands from me that I actually immerse myself in the story and the people I meet - not to mention the things I have to do to move on. This game may seem liie a shallow FPS on the surface. At least it did to me. But if you look beneath the surface and allow your imagination to add a few things it gets pretty deep. And pretty unpleasant at times. Just as with New Vegas.

The building concept doesn't appeal to me personally though I DO do a few things to make Sanctuary look as a place where people live and thrive. Mainly for screenshots. But also because I think it makes sense.

the building concept doesn't appeal to me personally though I DO do a few things to make Sanctuary look as a place where people live and thrive.

Really?

A home is where the heart is, you can easily use your base to flash out your RP, from the garage full of parked PAs, to the fields of crops and the quiet living quarters.