Warhammer 40k space marine

Pyrosocial

The video game.. it got off topic and drifted toward a full 40k discussion.

I wonder why they didn't use Grey Knights as main heroes? What with their codex release and all, would have been a good promo. Still looks good and will see how mod-able it will be.

Because Grey Knights are with the Ordo Malleus, which hunts demons, the Ordo Xenos deals with aliens...even though chaos will make an appearance, this is primarilly an ork invasion.

That brings a point. In the video about the E3 chainsword sweepstakes, it shows an ultra marine use a consol to drop a warlord titan weapon arm onto an ork horde. No marine in their right mind and loyalty would intentionally destroy a titan arm that took hundreds of years to construct, the Mechanicus would have the whole chapter's ass for it. XD

Yes I know they are with Ordo Malleus, I was just thinking when GK go out on their little sorties its usually something big. Hence lots of oportunity for game to use lots of different grade baddies, from chaos to necrons. And who wouldnt like to get close and personal with demon with his nemesis force weapon. I guess what im trying to say is, they tend to stick with few stock chapters and ignore the variety of others. Why not make a Sisters of Battle shooter game on same engine or about custodians action RPG. Edited by GreyViper

Yes I know they are with Ordo Malleus, I was just thinking when GK go out on their little sorties its usually something big. Hence lots of oportunity for game to use lots of different grade baddies, from chaos to necrons. And who wouldnt like to get close and personal with demon with his nemesis force weapon. I guess what im trying to say is, they tend to stick with few stock chapters and ignore the variety of others. Why not make a Sisters of Battle shooter game on same engine or about custodians action RPG.

I see your point, and I would instantly trade in the black templar armor for grey knight in a heart beat, but if they didn't know demons were they would not dispatch the Grey knights. Maybe later in the game they will though. I'm rather happy they didn't use GKs as the mains though because with the new codex being realeased it would look like GW was trying to prostitute out the Knights where ever they could.

You can use the Knights in Squad command for the PSP though.

As for the custodous, that would be cool but as Battle-brother Vindekarr said earlier, the Custodous NEVER leave the Emperor's side except for the occasional blood game, which means they would have to have an siege against the palace for that....of course it could be during the Horus heresy, there has yet to be a game made in that time line...but I'm not sure the Custodous were around yet, or they would have fought with the Emperor on Horus' Vengeful Spirit.

I guess the Ultra marines get the most action due to their being the largest chapter.

~~~~~~

Hmm very true. I would think that there might be a (somewhat) operational titan that could give heavy support :P