Braith 'thinks' her parents are dead?

Kanori24

So I came into Whiterun, expecting to see my 'favorite' lil Redguard girl. But when I walked up to her, instead of giving me the usual "What are YOU lookin' at?!" she looked rather... sad... and only moaned to me... I asked her what was wrong and she told me her parents were dead. Now, this was just after a vampire attack on the city. The citizens killed them all before I could get close. So Amren and what's her name survived... Amren was standing nearby when I found Braith, and the mother was in their home.

So... console command to make her realize she ISN'T orphaned or anything?

Better pepare a burial then... or revert back to an earlier save and go on a prevent-a-killing mission. Happened to me a couple of times with other folk, less essential but still important, like Adrianne Avenicci or that Redguard dude for whom you need to retrieve a sword in order to learn a few one-handed moves. Ysolde also got bitten to death once, even before I could hand her a Mammoth tooth. Using the "resurrect" command worked for Ysolde and the Redguard dude, but not for Adrianne Avenicci: she got up and the game crashed right after, everytime I tried to revive her, mainly because her husband had seen her death (was able to successfully resurrect her on another occasion, when her husband hadn't seen her death)... so I fear resurrecting Braith's parents wouldn't work, since she's already in mourning... but trying won't hurt.

Edited by JimmyRJump

Ah, yes I had Adrianne die as well. I didn't know until I went inside Warmaiden's and what's-his-name told me he had to order material from the Khajit caravans since her death. I was like "Whoa WHAT!?" and turned around to see Adrianne lying in the floor. So she apparently died INSIDE Warmaiden's.... but I used resurrect and she popped up, immediately spewing the "Have you met my father...?" dialogue. Then ol dude told me that SHE makes all the weapons and armor. Funny. I actually did not expect that....

As much as I hate to say it... if I can't fix Braith's little orphan issue... I.... I'll adopt her... (god what is wrong with me?")

Naught wrong with you. It's called "Immersive Gaming" ... it's only when you start building shrines for her in the attic things might become complicated :D

Edited by JimmyRJump