Realistic Water vs OBGE Liquid Water

NighTragEl4d

Choose which mod is better  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your water mod by Stability,Visual performance and everything else

• OBGE Liquid Water
    • Realistic Water

This is accually though poll because i wanna know what you people think,mainly bcuz so many bugs in Liquid Water i almoust always choose Realistic Water,its stable,has some neat features.but Liquid Water is supperior in effects etc but has a lot of bugs which are annoying.

There here is the poll,go vote.

I agree,it seems that Liquid Water v1.2 is stable but im getting too low resolution on reflections plus i changed in ini setting for this,but nothing happens...

Voted Liquid Water because v2.0 has pretty much no bugs and is far superior to the water in most games, let alone a mere mod. (since LW relies on a rewrite of part of Oblivion's graphics subsystem, hacking the game engine, it's not a mod like Realistic Water is)

It's not a fair comparison, really. If you can get OBGEv3 working, then LW is going to beat RW every time, because RW was made with the CS, and LW was made by hacking the game engine, so can just do so much more.

If OBGE would run after I install it, then I would vote for LW. But I'm forced to use Realistic Water for now, since it's the second best one, so I vote for that one, for stability. I got it to work, so I switched the vote.

I actually don't really look at water that much, but LW is superior to it.

Edited by Guest

I agree,but LW doesnt have 1 feature that i like =),for instance changing surface behaviour that depends on weather :D if Tomerk manages to make that ill "my hands are down" to him,until now RW is better,ofc LW is supperior with visual appereance but i like to be "realistic" :D.

Liquid Water is amazing, and if I could get it to work without sacrificing AA, then my install would be perfect. Unfortunately, the way OBGE 'hacks' the game disagrees with my graphics card something fierce.

But don't get me wrong. If you want nice water that doesn't require anything to run, then RW is fantastic.

Basically, either or.

You know it bro :),LW water is awesome true by realistic lightning system and i like it by that,but installation and bugs on new OBGEv3 dont let me run it at all,OBGEv2 works good with max 60 fps,but why i like RW is because i already mentioned the reason,its stable,dynamic changes on weather,not bad optimization.