I'm confused.. doesn't NMM install omods?

idigweeds

You're going to need to fire up your Time Machine.

Don't forget to take today's tools with you on a USB stick (and good luck convincing yester-year's mod authors that these new fangled things are better than what they had back then ... doubly tough when what they had back then worked just fine, just required a bit more knowledge than "pushing the big green button", that's all).

An alternative path you could explore is to learn to use the tools that worked back then (and still work today).

• 4 months later...

Just because the mods are not being maintained doesn't mean that *NMM* can't update to properly support OMOD.

I figured out how to manually install all the OMOD addons that I wanted just by reading the script files, so it's not rocket science. Probably the Nexus admins figure they can make more money by spending their time adding/improving NMM support for newer games instead :sad:

Oblivion seems to be the least friendly Bethesda game to mod from Morrowind onwards, mainly because the community is split between OMM & Wrye Bash, BOSS & LOOT, etc. What an annoying mess!

Edit: It's also really frustrating that NMM registers itself with Windows as an OMOD handler. It wasn't able to install a single OMOD-enabled mod for me. It would be one thing if they didn't even pretend to support OMOD, but they do...

Edited by HunterZ