Skyrim using Steam?

aaroncox

If the game will require online authentication why can't bethsoft do what EA does and have you authentic with them instead of a different company?

you want more company's to do what EA did by making origin?!? srsly? origin is a steaming(get it) piece of poo compared to steam. plus every company making a steam or origin has to be the most god awful idea. if hate the idea of taking 5 secs to sign in to play every game you own on steam, you'll hate the idea of having to sign in to every different company's authenticater to play a game.

Hey not all games are using steam to authentic or even run off of and I've had my own displeasures dealing with steam. I was just giving a little suggestion but clearly that offends you. Not everyone loves steam and I know plenty of people who try to avoid it all together with their games. Plus say that you have all your games on steam and they would require steam to be running in order to play. Now say that your internet is crashed and try running steam to play your games. Doesn't happen. Granted there is offline mode but steam only allows me to use offline mode if I have my account on auto-login, otherwise it just tells me it can't connect and goes nowhere. I honestly don't see the point in the authentication process for the games to begin with. Clearly they're supposed to stop pirating but that's yet to work :sweat:.

Just go back to simply entering the serial key provided upon installation. It's just about as effective as what they have now. If they really want to have an authentication process then fine but clearly steam hasn't been the ideal choice of a lot of players, including myself, who'd rather not go through it with steam. It's just my opinion. Simple as that. Not forcing you to go along with it in the first place.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I hope Origin does well. I would much rather competition in the market. The more the merrier. I also like the thought that people have to use multiple 3rd party clients to play their games. The more the merrier. Yep 10 of these programs should get most people to be annoyed enough that they realise...

In my opinion a DRM is the equivalent of putting cameras inside every hotel room including bathrooms that are on and monitored and recorded at all times to "prevent crime" and basically ruining your hotel experience because of the severe lack of privacy just because you "could be a criminal or commit a crime"DRM usually is some stupid tedious program that is required for you to have to play a game you play for and at some point limits SINGLEPLAYER games to ONLY be played WHEN YOU HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION . Edited by tony1892

If the game will require online authentication why can't bethsoft do what EA does and have you authentic with them instead of a different company?

you want more company's to do what EA did by making origin?!? srsly? origin is a steaming(get it) piece of poo compared to steam. plus every company making a steam or origin has to be the most god awful idea. if hate the idea of taking 5 secs to sign in to play every game you own on steam, you'll hate the idea of having to sign in to every different company's authenticater to play a game.

Hey not all games are using steam to authentic or even run off of and I've had my own displeasures dealing with steam. I was just giving a little suggestion but clearly that offends you. Not everyone loves steam and I know plenty of people who try to avoid it all together with their games. Plus say that you have all your games on steam and they would require steam to be running in order to play. Now say that your internet is crashed and try running steam to play your games. Doesn't happen. Granted there is offline mode but steam only allows me to use offline mode if I have my account on auto-login, otherwise it just tells me it can't connect and goes nowhere. I honestly don't see the point in the authentication process for the games to begin with. Clearly they're supposed to stop pirating but that's yet to work :sweat:.

Just go back to simply entering the serial key provided upon installation. It's just about as effective as what they have now. If they really want to have an authentication process then fine but clearly steam hasn't been the ideal choice of a lot of players, including myself, who'd rather not go through it with steam. It's just my opinion. Simple as that. Not forcing you to go along with it in the first place.

i removed my ethernet cable, still was able to play all my steam games....

i removed my ethernet cable, still was able to play all my steam games....

Try authenticating them :P