Kayran QTE

I am sorry I did not explain my problem completly I have game on the low setting no difficult qte but I still fall off only have right mouse qte showing did not know about hitting space to stay on have not had any thing to say I did just the mouse qte flashing am I doing something wrong first time playing witcher 2 enjoyed the witcher 1 and would like to advance in this one

This happened to me to and I didn't know anything about using the 'space' bar. I fell off the Kayran's tentacle and just kept on fighting. On my first game, I never did understand the QTE and was picked up by the tentacle and not knowing what to do ( I didn't understand the QTE thing) I just fell off, even so, I just kept on fighting and finished the fight. So I don't think this will keep you from finishing this part of the game, just keep at it. Might take a while, but it is a good fight.

But for a while I was doing this.... :wallbash:

LOL...keep at it.

Let me see if i can explain what should be happening with the kayran fight on the easy or not difficult QTE and will put it in a spoiler tag for those who might stumble on this thread

After chopping off 3 tentacles you then go for a ride on the 4th and after filling the QTE bar completely to where it disappears and after a very small period of time Geralt jumps off on his own . Now you should be beside a big pile of rubble after the bridge collapses on the kayran . Go behind the rubble and run up the slope toward the kayran and when you reach the top another QTE will take place of which you need to do nothing but watch

Let me see if i can explain what should be happening with the kayran fight on the easy or not difficult QTE and will put it in a spoiler tag for those who might stumble on this thread

After chopping off 3 tentacles you then go for a ride on the 4th and after filling the QTE bar completely to where it disappears and after a very small period of time Geralt jumps off on his own . Now you should be beside a big pile of rubble after the bridge collapses on the kayran . Go behind the rubble and run up the slope toward the kayran and when you reach the top another QTE will take place of which you need to do nothing but watch

When I am on the tentacle my QTE bar shows full but I still fall off I would like to thank you for your help have settings on game as low as posiable have tryed mouse set from 0 to 10 and if not on 0 camera to fast to see where I am going computer mouse adjusted also with resultion of 1200/950 full screen looks like letter box just upgraded to a R5450 1GB DDR3 | DirectX 11 support | HDMI Output graphics card the graphics card that come with computer was not up to min recomended game spec thanks agian

If you still have the problem -since I'm replying a bit late on this- don't worry, it seems to be some kind of a bug and you're not the only one, I had it too.

The only solution achieved so far is to upload your save before the fight somewhere and ask a friend of yours to do it for you.

You may want to ask here, it's where I asked and someone was kind enough to help me get through that part.

Cheers,

• 1 year later...

I am like some who have met the kayran bug, Spoilers follow:

Mine appears like this: 3-4 tentacles chopped? Check. Ride the big tentacle? Check. Fill the QTE bar all the way? Check. Then no spacebar prompt appears. Ever. Tried all the suggested fixes I have seen on all the forums I have lurked through. Lower res, lowest difficulty. Difficult QTEs negated. Tried playing on a faster computer. Tried a new download of the game from Gamestop. Get the QTE bar filled all the time. As soon as possible, I start spamming the spacebar without waiting for the prompt. Tried hitting spacebar with only a few LMBs. Lots of different combinations of spacebar and LMB. All the same. Geralt always gets thrown off at the end of the Tentacle QTE, No extra bridge parts fall to create the ramp. There are bridge parts, but they are unclimbable.

So, I have decided I have some sort of irreconcilable bug and must request an ignominious resolution. As much as it pains me to admit defeat, I request some kind soul to try finishing the big sucker for me.on their computer. My best wishes and a hearty thank you.

File can be found at:

http://depositfiles.com/files/nl9afnoyx

• 1 month later...

Please help!!!

I am sorry to open up this topic again... But this fight is killing the fun. I'm not able to get past the damn Kayran.. I am able to hack all the tentacles, but after that... I cant get the thing to fling me at the wall!! Been at it for days! I am considering removing the game...

Please someone play this for me. will be eternally grateful!!

http://www.mediafire...3sud55bc40d40ce

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...