Overlord

Jonlissla

Like the description; anyone bought it yet? I've tested demo, and even though it was short, I found it rather addicting.

So, my question is simple: is it worth buying?

Well, I've only played the demo, but I always read a magazine about the newest PC games, and it was very positive about the game, giving it a rating of 80-90% (can't check the exact % right now). My opinion about the game is the same as yours, addicting! :P

cya

Fritz

I got it, and I've been playing it recently. It starts out as addictive, but that starts to waver after a while. I found it really fun at first, but the fun starts to wears off after the first 6 hours or so of gameplay. Then it gets just a little bit repetitive... they try to mix it up with some new tasks but really a lot of it's kind of annoying rather than enjoyable.

I don't know, I'm 50/50 on it. I enjoyed the early parts of the game, but it feels like it's just losing its way as I play it more. It's still a pretty good game, but I might wait for the price to drop before buying it. £24.99 is a bit much to ask just for a bit of fun. I certainly wouldn't pay whatever extortionate price they're asking for the 360 version.

• 2 weeks later...

WELL !!!

This game is addictive in it starting phase but it lost it strengths as we play more & more i have played more than 50% i think now i am felling bit bored Also the game story is also not that much good!! But one will truly like the game

in its early phase but then doing same things again u will be bored game need a gamer to be enough patients

In my view download it from net rather purchasing<> it should be played at once at least

My personal rating::::: 6.5/10

if u want it download links reply this post<>

Er yeah please don't do that anmol, downloading games is illegal and discussing illegal activities is against the Terms of Service that you agreed to when you registered on these forums. ;)

Also the game story is also not that much good!!

The gameplay wasn't perhaps the best part, as all you do is to smash things and kill. A little more puzzles would not spoil it.

But man, the story was far from disappointing! I just fell for the idea to let the heroes be corrupted and represent one of the seven sins. Melvin for gluttony, Goldo for greed etc.

And not to mention a certain twist at the end as well... :happy:

Worth buying, I hope they make a sequel (a little more choices for the Overlord wouldn't hurt... :glare: )-

(I actually bought the game the same day I tested the demo.)

• 1 month later...
Thoroughly enjoyed the game, played right through 3 times...Good Neutral and Evil.... there's not a great deal of difference between any of them really as far as gameplay goes, but once you have done that the game is dead. For me there isn't the replay value of many other games.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, played right through 3 times...Good Neutral and Evil.... there's not a great deal of difference between any of them really as far as gameplay goes, but once you have done that the game is dead. For me there isn't the replay value of many other games.

Know what you mean. As soon as you've played Evil/Good there isn't much replay value left.

That's why they should make a sequel, where you can actually DO something! Like capturing villages and torture people, build strongholds, permanentely upgrade minions, more destructive magic, kidnap people for ransom etc.

Stuff like that.

And atleast let you decide how you want your Overlord to look like (gender, clothing, more armor etc).

Why not check their forum and look at the fans "wishing-list" for Overlord 2? Kinda fun to look through all the ideas.

Archived