Shade of the Revenant

gamenode

I'm trying to use the Shade of the Revenant to make BSG. However it never occurs. I wait for the 8th day (days passed - 1) /8 but the Revenant never happens. I've waited an entire 8 days and nothing ever happens.

One thing I do notice is that on any day of the week if I'm at an altar every few seconds the purple light will shine down for a brief instance.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Should I be looking for a code to get things started?

Try waiting 24 hours at a time between 9 and 11 so you dont click over to the next day.

Try moving away from the altar so its harder to skip past it

Make sure to remove days jailed from your days passed before determining when the next should occur as days jailed screws up the revenant

once your sure of all these make sure you do actually have soul trap equipped. a lot of people place the gem in and expect to close the altar, open it and get the BSG. you need to close the altar and soultap it

Here's a link to the UESP Wiki on Shade of the Revenant. I do find that the dim purple light is easier to see at night and if you aren't too close to the altar. When it's the right day and the light is shining it shouldn't flicker in and out (and it shouldn't show at all on the wrong days). If you're suspecting a mod interference you could try disabling suspected mods one at a time until you find it.

Here's a link to the UESP Wiki on Shade of the Revenant. I do find that the dim purple light is easier to see at night and if you aren't too close to the altar. When it's the right day and the light is shining it shouldn't flicker in and out (and it shouldn't show at all on the wrong days). If you're suspecting a mod interference you could try disabling suspected mods one at a time until you find it.

I appreciate the link, however, I know when it's supposed to happen but it isn't happening. I'll keep stopping by every day but something tells me it is broken.

I have the alt start with 9 choices of a start house( or in a vampire cave or in prison) so i'll check it now for ya mate

[EDIT] I have checked all the alt start mods i can find. it doesnt seem to affect it. I agree with striker. disable all your mods and see if it works. if it does, turn them on one at a time until it doesnt

Edited by AtlasS

I have the alt start with 9 choices of a start house( or in a vampire cave or in prison) so i'll check it now for ya mate

[EDIT] I have checked all the alt start mods i can find. it doesnt seem to affect it. I agree with striker. disable all your mods and see if it works. if it does, turn them on one at a time until it doesnt

I disabled the alt start mod but it didn't help. I waited from day 86 through day 90 and no Revenant.

What I finally did was counted the seconds between the flashes of purple light. It was about 4 seconds. If I loaded up the altar with grand stones and hit soul trap at the right time it would convert it into a black soul gem.

I think I'll live with it.

There are too many mods to be unticking and ticking them.

Thanks for the help.

Good that you've found a work-around. So if you cast soul trap between flashes you don't get any joy? It may help if you post your load order here ... perhaps someone will see the problem mod. In any case if you ever track down the problem please post your findings.

Below is my load order.

To answer your other question, if I don't activate the soul trap exactly as the purple light appears I get a pop-up box saying it's not yet time for this (or something like that).

Oblivion.esm

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm

Mart's Monster Mod.esm

Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esm

HorseCombatMaster.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

ChaseCameraMod.esp

wd purse of wonders.esp

Living Economy.esp

DropLitTorchOBSE.esp

sr_super_hotkeys.esp

Nicos Scimitars Back.esp

Nicos Scimitars Side.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

OOO-Map_Markers_Stock.esp

OOO-Armor_Perks_WearRate_Repair.esp

OOO-Combat_Skills_Perks_Marksmanship.esp

OOO-DaedraLord_Quests.esp

OOO-Deadly_Combat.esp

OOO-Magic_Effects+Enchantments.esp

OOO-Magic_Effects+Spells.esp

OOO-Magic_Game_Settings.esp

OOO-ThiefGuild_Difficult.esp

Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Additional Enemy NPC Vars.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Gems & Gem Dust.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Zombies for Body Meshes.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Safer Quest Locations.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Extra Wounding.esp

Mart's Monster Mod - Farm Animals.esp

Enchanting and Spell Making Altars.esp

VHBloodlines 1.2.esp

Knights.esp

Harvest [Flora].esp

DZ_Auto_Harvest.esp

HideHelms.esp

Quest Award Leveller.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.esp

Active_Inventory_Spell_1.2.esp

SupremeMagicka.esp

SM_ShiveringIsles.esp

SM_EnchantStaff.esp

Deadly Reflex 6 - Timed Block with no damage or durability changes.esp

Deadly Reflex 6 - Timed block and 150% damage.esp

Deadly Reflex 6 - Timed Block and 250% damage.esp

Mounted_Spellcasting_Deadly_Reflex_Compatible.esp

DRSplatter.esp

Raven Elves.esp

GW71_Life_Detect.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

DeadlyReflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp

SM_DeadlyReflex.esp

Unholy Darkness.esp

I just noticed that the Deadly Reflex has 3 Timed Block esp's. I think it should only have 1. Isn't that right?