Functional Water Objects

Tigrah2k

Functional, how? I know of Dongle water meshes (basically a flat plane mesh) and someone (Turija?) applied some MGE XE-esque effects to them.

If you mean functional as in swimmable I think you'd be out of luck.

Best idea I have is to download Tamriel Rebuilt and see how they've done it, chances are that'd be one of the best examples out there.

probably have to start there. And, yeah, was hoping to create swimmable, drownable, splashable water above height 0... It is yet another of the many things that logically should be possible. Probably only in newer games, but it should...

probably have to start there. And, yeah, was hoping to create swimmable, drownable, splashable water above height 0... It is yet another of the many things that logically should be possible. Probably only in newer games, but it should...

you would need pretty solid scripting knowledge, and it will never be 100% like exterior 0 Z level standard water.

In order of difficulty:

splashable: example

drownable: this should be not impossible to script based on player Z level, but to be very precise you should take into account player race, the GMST settings for drowning time, and probably need MWSE scripting for reading the GMST

swimmable: in theory there is a new Code Patch settimg enabling forcing player animations by script...

facinating. I'm going to have to take a look into this. I haven't experimented with script extender yet. I have it downloaded to my old pc though. I will probably stay away from doing anything too in depth until I get a newer pc, so I can more easily download programs, and upload pieces for assistance. Still, very good advice.

Hopefully at some point, someone will impress upon Bethesda to add this ability to the game engines in general.