Is this a dictatorship?

DeepSoul

When you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all. Geez, all this talk about freedom of expression and speech and people forget the basics of respect. You have the right to say what you want but it's also your responsibility to deal with those comments. Don't take everything as absolute.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have nothing good to say then say nothing at all. Geez, all this talk about freedom of expression and speech and people forget the basics of respect. You have the right to say what you want but it's also your responsibility to deal with those comments. Don't take everything as absolute.

This.

You're free to say what you please, but that doesn't mean you won't get thrown out of somebody's house, or blocked from accessing hir website, in this case. Your "free speech" isn't being taken away, it just doesn't apply to private establishments and social situations--you also have freedom of assembly, which means that you can associate with the people you want to, provided they even want you there.

Basically, if you want to be here, don't be rude, bigoted, or take things that don't belong to you.

humans are born with natural GOD-GIVEN rights, that NO ONE may take away. This applies to only the US? No. It applies to EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE.

Freedom of speech does not apply to private property so it is not EVERYONE and EVERYWHERE. If you think so then by all means go ahead and try to criticize your boss openly or go into somebody's house and call his wife/her husband an ugly lump of meat - then, when you are fired / thrown out, please try to sue them for violating your right to free speech. The court will put you straight on the issue.

I think that pretty much answers everything. I have to deal with a lot of people every day that think freedom of speech means speaking your mind, not caring about what other people think, or their rights. And that, my friend, is called being an ass. Just like thinking that everything that's public property can be subject to whatever you might feel like doing. Remember, public means it's everyone's. Not yours.

Edited by Yoshh

Let's just imagine, this would be a democracy.

We would have a parliament, elections and every year, we would have other site owner, admins and moderators, since things are always going way faster in the internet. :P

Edited by tortured Tomato

Haha, okay, we're cool Darke. :)

Wow. I am a thread necromancer. :devil:

Anyway, I think we're repeating ourselves, aren't we? Put simply:be mature, this is a privilege. If you're old enough to be on the site without breaking the age rule, then you should be able to do this.

Letting a thread die because "it has no point" is the move of a coward.

Letting a thread die because "it has no point" is the move of a coward.

I wouldn't say it's the move of a coward more of people getting bored with your little self important crusade against the supposed evil dictatorship of the website. The fact that you're still kicking a dead horse tells me your more of coward then any on this site, afraid to let go of your 10 seconds in the light? So trying to play the hero of the none existent down trodden, face the facts that you agreed to the rules to this site, you don't like them the only option you have is to leave.

On another note everyone complaining about this place being dictatorship, go travel around the world and see what an actual dictatorship is. A bunch of people enforcing the rules on a privately owned site, does not a dictatorship make.