Female EyeCandy Body Replacer not working...

Asphyxiated131

I'm sure there has been an influx of people today after the Steam Summer Sale asking questions about modding. I'm one of those people. I bought Oblivion with the intent of modding, so I downloaded the Oblivion Mod Manager then the Female EyeCandy Body Replacer Mod. I followed the instructions and unzipped it too obmm/mods and activated it in the OBMM client. I played the game and the first woman I came across was normal. So is the mod not working, or is later in the game the mod takes place? If it helps its the version that came with all the DLC. Thanks for your help, and sorry for being a noob.

It should work from the moment you replaced the meshes and textures, since it's not, I think the real problem is you probably installed the game under the default C:\Program Files (x86)...

If so, uninstall it and install somewhere else, like create a folder C:\Games and from now on install all you games there... this simple procedure will spare you from many headaches in near future.

As final recommendation, reduce (you could even consider deactivating totally) the UAC level, since it can cause issues with games, mainly the games which rely on plugins... or mods...

PS: Occurred me now you may want to perform the "Archive Invalidation" procedure found in OBMM itself, under the Utilities button. It must be done at least once before the game begin to search the newer files instead trying to use the original.

Edited by nosisab

It should work from the moment you replaced the meshes and textures, since it's not, I think the real problem is you probably installed the game under the default C:\Program Files (x86)...

If so, uninstall it and install somewhere else, like create a folder C:\Games and from now on install all you games there... this simple procedure will spare you from many headaches in near future.

As final recommendation, reduce (you could even consider deactivating totally) the UAC level, since it can cause issues with games, mainly the games which rely on plugins... or mods...

Can I choose where Steam installs games? Can I just move the folder to the new location?

The body replacer replaces the body, not the face. The face you see in the pics posted in the download is using other mods to make it look like that - as the body is usually covered by clothing, you will not notice a difference until you undress someone, or if you are using a female player character, undress that one. :thumbsup:

Remember, on a computer game, the clothing Replaces the body part it covers, it does not overlay the body part. - This means there is nothing under the clothing - NO body. :biggrin:

If you read the readme for the body, it will usually tell what texture replacer (skin tones) and beauty (face) mods were used by the author to get that particular look. Most race mods do just that, change the face and skin textures and NOT the body.

• 5 years later...

its a fracked version with the latest version and all the dlc, i cant lanch the game through the launcher, everything is grayed out

That can't have anything to do with the Female Eye Candy body replacer mod though. It doesn't even have an ESP.

Check your game installation and make sure everything is working correctly first, before you attempt to install any mods.

The launcher becoming unusable sort of rings a bell to me from way back then... but I can't for the life of me recall what the usual culprits have been. Anybody else chime in?

Edit: What version / distribution of the game are you using anyways?