WinZip alternate

SirFrank114

Because many of the downloadable mods are in Win7, RAR, or WinZip, I need to unzip them in order to load them into the game. I have no plans to compress any of my own files I just want something to unzip some mods. I'll pay their fee but how long is that good for? ( A year, 6 months. 2 days??) Any help appreciated.

Absolutely FREE 7-zip. Never begs you for payment, no nag screen, no limitations on how many computers you can install on, no registration needed, updated regularly. Works on nearly all zipped formats (all that I have tried). And is at least as good as if not better than many commercial programs.

Here is a quote directly from their website.

You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization. You don't need to register or pay for 7-Zip.

Here is the home site with FREE versions for both 32 and 64 bit versions. http://www.7-zip.org/

I've been using winRAR for ages, downloaded it from the webpage of it's creators. It's NEVER nagged me about money. Only thing I remember is something this is only a trial and I just hit continue anyways.

I've been using winRAR for ages, downloaded it from the webpage of it's creators. It's NEVER nagged me about money. Only thing I remember is something this is only a trial and I just hit continue anyways.

That was really good, you must be kidding :) unless you got a crack and it "thinks" it is a registered software now. If so, just don't try updating it, or even suggesting someone else getting a "free" version of it.

PS: the keyword here is exactly that "trial" one.

Edited by nosisab