graphics card

i will be going SLI in the future yes, but when i build my PC i will only have the one GPU, might be a while after that i get a second

When buying nvidia cards, stick to EVGA, MSI and Asus. For ATi/AMD, you should stick to MSI and ASUS. There's not much (any) difference between boardpartners when your going for a reference card aside from warranty. If your going for a non-reference card, you should be a bit more careful because some companies like XFX use mediocre components in their non-reference cards.

The 560 Ti is a great deal if you can get it for under $250. Not really worth it to go for any AMD cards this generation - nVidia beats them out in the mid and high end price brackets.

• 2 weeks later...

When buying nvidia cards, stick to EVGA, MSI and Asus. For ATi/AMD, you should stick to MSI and ASUS. There's not much (any) difference between boardpartners when your going for a reference card aside from warranty. If your going for a non-reference card, you should be a bit more careful because some companies like XFX use mediocre components in their non-reference cards.

The 560 Ti is a great deal if you can get it for under $250. Not really worth it to go for any AMD cards this generation - nVidia beats them out in the mid and high end price brackets.

I have found that nVidia has the best cards out there, back in the day, when ATI was still ATI and not AMD/ATI the cards weren't half bad, but the recent catalyst drivers really suck. Also couple of things to keep in mind, when running 2 video cards whether in SLI or not the card in the first slot will always run hotter than the second card by about 10 to 14 c. And as soon as you start Oblivion and begin playing the temps can skyrocket. Single cards always run cooler. Where Oblivion is concerned, as soon as the heat gets to a certain point, you can expect more CTD's. I found a great file on Nexus "OSR_4-1-23208" it is an anti stutter plugin that actually works. One other thing, Oblivion hates overclocked computers.

Gaming rig:

Evga SR-2 Classified

2 x e5645 Xeons 6 core CPU's

2 x GTS 450 video cards

X-fi fatal1ty Sound card

12 gigs XMP DDR 3 ram

4 x 22" HP HDMI monitors

4 monitors! :psyduck: woah

lol just looked up your motherboard in newegg, and either your comment is the first one, or someone has the same exact build, im guessing the former

Edited by hoofhearted4

is a GTX 480 > 560?

i thought the higher the number the better? as in 580 > 570 > 560 etc?

but the numbers on the 480 seem really good....more steam processors and such.