ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Remove all (most) trees from world

Kolyadincev

Its just suggestion i dont really knew how would world of commonwealth look if you remove all trees from it but i want try such mod.

Why? coz i have doubth that trees been able to stand 200 F@$%(G years not to say about atomic bomb explosion that can burn human to crisp.We all seen dat explosion before going to the vault.

Its friggin 200 years not some 2 or 3 years later.

Here picture of Hiroshima

http://radikal.ru/fp/f79c8f96d7c5413b9adad064fac59a79

As you can see there is no trees or woden houses at all (maybe few only....).Yeah its all about how powerfull and how close the bomb was but here i see much more fallout spirit then in the game.A bit emty tho.

I dont realy knew how hard would it be to delete all trees or atleast most of them, if for bushes we could just make textures invisible with trees it wont work coz they have hard box and i fear without GECK it would be impossible even with GECK i fear each tree must be deleted separately and it can take much time.

Edited by Kolyadincev

Its just suggestion i dont really knew how would world of commonwealth will look if you remove all trees from it but i want try such mod.

Why? coz i have doubth that trees been able to stand 200 F@$%(G years not to say about atomic bomb explosion that can burn human to crisp.We all seen dat explosion before going to the vault.

Its friggin 200 years not some 2 or 3 years later.

I don't know whether you'll believe me or not, but I just came up with the same idea moment ago. It would be great to delete all trees from the game world and make it resemble Glowing Sea/original Fallout wasteland more. I mean we've all seen the blast wave, also 200 years past - what tree could withstand that? We must have this mod!

Edited by Ignis010

It depends on whether we assume those trees are pre-war or post-war. If they are sickly post war tress then their presence makes sense.
But for post war tress they still could exist. With fission bombs the place of contact gets vaporized and it creates a huge pressure wave and a fireball.

That fireball wouldn't necessarily vaporize trees. It would probably just destroy the small branches and other tinder, of course, depending on the distance from the blast. If we were thinking a 1:1 scale world, not even a 50 megaton bomb would be enough to send a fireball from southern mass all the way to north of concord. Even if the radiation killed the trees, their wood would remain

It depends on whether we assume those trees are pre-war or post-war. If they are sickly post war tress then their presence makes sense.

But for post war tress they still could exist. With fission bombs the place of contact gets vaporized and it creates a huge pressure wave and a fireball.

That fireball wouldn't necessarily vaporize trees. It would probably just destroy the small branches and other tinder, of course, depending on the distance from the blast. If we were thinking a 1:1 scale world, not even a 50 megaton bomb would be enough to send a fireball from southern mass all the way to north of concord. Even if the radiation killed the trees, their wood would remain

Chemical decomposition of dead wood caused by various fungus and bacteria takes up to 100 years (also depends on the climate). Since we see other sings of decomposition (skeletons for example etc) it is safe to assume that bacterial and microbial life in general remained after the war. Therefore in my opinion most of the trees should be gone by now (when PC wakes up).

from a time standpoint I've always felt like fallout was just super weird. the shelf life on the pre-war stuff is literally insane, and it's kinda a miracle that no one ate it all. they have 200 years to rebuild society and they're still living in ramshackle huts with no means of production. some pre-war things are rotting and falling apart, while others are basically pristine, not being flooded, or set on fire, or otherwise destroyed. you step in a bunker that hasn't been touched in 200 years and there's still light bulbs burning! yet there's a skeleton in the bathtub.

So now let me weigh in on the no-trees notion. because everything else makes perfect sense!

Chemical decomposition of dead wood caused by various fungus and bacteria takes up to 100 years (also depends on the climate). Since we see other sings of decomposition (skeletons for example etc) it is safe to assume that bacterial and microbial life in general remained after the war. Therefore in my opinion most of the trees should be gone by now (when PC wakes up).

the bacterial example is a little flawed. because inside a person's gut, your stomach is actually a pretty good anti-radiation lining. considering also that simpler organisms survive radiation better, it's ludicrous to assume that any amount of nuking could wipe out (total extinction) the decomposers that are so massively numerous in the bacteria world. considering that you're already about a billion colonies full of this stuff, you could be totally vaporized, ripped apart cell by cell and sprinkled over dirt somewhere, and your stomach bacteria would probably continue chugging along a good time after all your cells were dead.

Furthermore if you suggest that the bacteria survives, it seems also reasonable that the tress, and at least one of their seeds would have 100s of years without people cutting them down to re-grow. so if there's an issue with the trees, it's the fact that they have no leaves.

now then. lets say all the trees are horribly mutated so they have no leaves or are dead. the former, forces the latter. unless it's winter time. and if they are dead, they should have rotted and decomposed.

So then, I can see where there would be no trees, and I can see where there would be lush trees. Come CK I would be willing to do this mod for you, however I think that this is the kind of mod that you could also very easily learn to do yourself as it's pretty much going to be opening the CK clicking any static with the word "Tree" in it and pressing delete.

issue is that some of the trees have sections of landscape filler. which in certain key sections would cause a bit of ugliness where they were removed, and I personally wouldn't feel like taking the time to fix those spots. (if you want a mod done right DIY) so... if you want me to do the mod, Come CK it'd be somthing like 60-85% of trees gone. and I'd knock it out for you in an afternoon. PM to remind me that I said I'd do this come CK with a brief reminder of what I'm supposed to do if you decide to not do it, so that I can do it. and have a nice day!

Well there is a theory that most of the trees are actually not dead, just sickly. This is supported by the fact that its autumn when you wake up and there are fallen leaves all over the place. Leaves like that definitely wouldn't have stayed around for 200+ years so its quite possible the tress simply don't have any leaves because it is fall, not because they're dead.

Well there is a theory that most of the trees are actually not dead, just sickly. This is supported by the fact that its autumn when you wake up and there are fallen leaves all over the place. Leaves like that definitely wouldn't have stayed around for 200+ years so its quite possible the tress simply don't have any leaves because it is fall, not because they're dead.

That'd probably do it. you know if the leaves come back in spring or do i resort to mods for this?