Unable to change Background Image and Top Image from my mod

z31t

It also happened to me again, I think it was either yesterday or the day before. Only that this time the background image (at the top of the mod page) changed properly without issues, but the hot files image did not change at all. Not an issue for me, the mod will not be ready for release for quite some time and will never hit hot files, but since someone else apparently had the issue, I thought I could also report my hot files image issue, too.

Unless, of course, it was some caching issue, but I am not sure, since CTRL+F5 refreshed the background image to the new one as it should, but it did nothing to help the hot files image. I will check again now...

Edit: The hot files image refuses to change, it still shows the old one whenever I view it (both immediately after cropping the new image AND when viewed from the image management page for the mod). CTRL+F5 does nothing. Changing the background image works without issues, though... odd.

Edited by Contrathetix

Are you still experiencing the same issue? I've checked and wasn't able to reproduce it. That means most likely it was a problem with our cached data and now it should (hopefully) be cleared.

Still happens to me. Odd. It could be a caching issue somewhere between the Nexus and me, too, I think. Maybe it will be fixed automatically at some point, then. Thank you for trying to reproduce the issue, now I know it might not be an issue with the Nexus itself. This has happened to me before, too, so I am starting to think there is some overzealous and slow caching system somewhere along the line. :smile:

There is still Extrem3 a few posts up who has not yet had a chance to give any input on the issue. Maybe he/she can provide a new point of view.

Edited by Contrathetix

Sorry, when I said a caching issue I meant between our website and the content delivery network, so it was not your fault :)

I'll do some other tests: can you please take screenshots of the page showing the wrong image and point me to the image that should be displayed instead? That would help in debugging the issue more quickly.

Thanks a lot to everybody for reporting this issue!

Ah. Okay. :D If it helps, the way I ended up with this situation was:

1. I uploaded one image, then cropped the first hotfile image from that one and saved it.
  2. Then I removed the old image, and uploaded a new one.
  3. When trying to crop a new hotfiles image from the newly uploaded full image, it keeps the old one.
  4. If I remove the hotfile image with "Remove this image", it seems to disappear. When I crop a new hotfile image, it brings back the old one (that I supposedly "removed" by clicking the "remove" link).

As for the screenshots: the mod only has one proper image for cropping the hotfiles one from at the moment (and it might not even be the final one, so it is not that serious, and not urgent).

Here is a screenshot of how I an cropping the new image and then saving it (as in, this is the example new image I want):

44491-0-1471282621.png

And here is a screenshot of how it just brings back the old image and NOT the new one (as in, this is the old image that persists):

44491-1-1471282621.png

The screenshots might show me having all sorts of add-ons on the browser, but I already tried disabling all of them and it did not make any difference. This has also happened on another computer (that one at home, too, though, this is my laptop, the other one is my desktop).

Edited by Contrathetix