Fallout 4 1.5 Update Public Service Announcement

SirSalami

PFfffff my game is done. Bethesda did it again. I can't load any of my saves, my mods deactivate (not always) in NMM when I try to load and on top of that the in-game mod menu apparently has change the load order of my mods. So I don't know what to do. I'm validating steam files right now but I don't know what else to do after that. I've read that someone deleted his entire game, reload it and ended up in the same situation so....yeah.

I've survived FO3 and FNV quota of bugs, but this is just stupid. Every time they release an update for FO4, mod users have to deal with similar situations. ugh.

In any case, thanks to NMM team for the effort, the report, everything. Not your fault at all. It just drives me MAD to deal with this again and again.

Update: Validation did nothing :(

Edited by sardoukar

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37058330. #37058890, #37060000, #37060120, #37061335, #37131575, #37144020 are all replies on the same post.

Hoodenberg wrote:

For f*** sake- did the Beth devs change something again? My modded game worked peachy effin creamy yesterday and now I get "The save relies on content that is no longer present" crap. Is there a workaround?

DrScandi wrote: EDIT:
Removed what I wrote. After reading thsi thread: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/10012?start=0&tstart=0

It seems as if it's a bug that wasn't intentional because of the release of the open CK beta. They'll provide a hotfix shortly, if I understood correctly, that'll move back the plugins.txt to the original location.

EDIT 2:
Wow, kudos to Bethesda for fixing it that fast. Hotfix is already up. It's now working as intended.
ArtOwen wrote: SOLUTION: I had the same problem. Modded game working beautifully yesterday then today after beta update "the save relies on content bla bla bla". After scouring the internet, reinstalling mods a thousand times and reinstalling the game only to get the same result. I scoured the internet again lol. I found this thread containing a solution for me so have faith :) I hope this works for you too.

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/10012

Essentially, the solution is very simple.

1)Create a profile at bethesda.net required for downloading mods of their website (some great mods here too).
2)Go to MODS option on Main Menu of Fallout 4.
3)Choose load order (press Y for me with controller)
4)Here your mods will be listed (including those through NMM) and you simply enable them (by pressing A for me with controller)
5)Voila! Works like a peach

It actually seems like a great system if they keep it although I don't know how this effects the manual modders. It seems to work fine with NMM and Beta Creation Kit Mods.
DrScandi wrote: Aouch, you already went through and reinastalled mods... sometimes you shouldn't act too quickly.

They already sent out a hotfix to fix it and you don't even have to use the in game mod menu but can use NMM as normal :D
Ombragine wrote: Hotfix is up !
Phoggy wrote: Thanks ArtOwen for posting this - saved me a big headache !
Ptrack wrote: saw this but i already tried to validate my game cache files in steam.... FML idk what to do

Currently I have to go into the "new" mod menu and re-enable all 176 of my mods every time I want to play. WTF Bethesderps. Is this not the case for you??

Currently I have to go into the "new" mod menu and re-enable all 176 of my mods every time I want to play. WTF Bethesderps. Is this not the case for you??

Same here. Except I use NMM profiles which makes it faster, but I have to turn them all back on nearly every time I want to play. And from what I can tell, the plugins.txt file in appdata can't possibly be the true place it keeps note of plugins anymore, as I have that file set to read only, and it still keeps dropping all the mods.

Edited by Skutal

Don't know if anyone answered this, but I got my game to work, finally. I followed the instructions according to the article: updated NMM to the newest update, had all my mods restored, made sure all my mods were checked, then started up the game. Once I started up a save game, my PC would CTD, even if I chose new game. If I read correctly (don't know if I read it from bethesda.net forums or here), you need to disable any UI mods, in my case, it would be Pleasant UI. Once done, started up my game again, and Viola! Game loaded up!

I had played on Survival before without the beta (1.4). My save game changed the difficulty from survival to very hard. You will get notified that you can change the difficulty back to survival.

Update: I just tried enabling Pleasant UI and it crashes. Once removed the game works.

In response to post #37154580.

mindcrime02 wrote: Don't know if anyone answered this, but I got my game to work, finally. I followed the instructions according to the article: updated NMM to the newest update, had all my mods restored, made sure all my mods were checked, then started up the game. Once I started up a save game, my PC would CTD, even if I chose new game. If I read correctly (don't know if I read it from bethesda.net forums or here), you need to disable any UI mods, in my case, it would be Pleasant UI. Once done, started up my game again, and Viola! Game loaded up!

I had played on Survival before without the beta (1.4). My save game changed the difficulty from survival to very hard. You will get notified that you can change the difficulty back to survival.

Update: I just tried enabling Pleasant UI and it crashes. Once removed the game works.

I've read people having issues with their mods being disabled every time they load their game. For some reason mine remain the same. I have a profile on NMM and made a backup of my mod list. Also, I am running the latest NMM update (0.61.20).

My plugins.txt has an asterisk before every line (not added by me, more than likely by NMM). I got Fallout 4 Configuration Tool running with "Set INI to Readonly after saving" turned on.

So far my game loads without any issues and I hope it stays that way.

In response to post #37154580. #37155085 is also a reply to the same post.

mindcrime02 wrote: Don't know if anyone answered this, but I got my game to work, finally. I followed the instructions according to the article: updated NMM to the newest update, had all my mods restored, made sure all my mods were checked, then started up the game. Once I started up a save game, my PC would CTD, even if I chose new game. If I read correctly (don't know if I read it from bethesda.net forums or here), you need to disable any UI mods, in my case, it would be Pleasant UI. Once done, started up my game again, and Viola! Game loaded up!

mindcrime02 wrote: I've read people having issues with their mods being disabled every time they load their game. For some reason mine remain the same. I have a profile on NMM and made a backup of my mod list. Also, I am running the latest NMM update (0.61.20).

My plugins.txt has an asterisk before every line (not added by me, more than likely by NMM). I got Fallout 4 Configuration Tool running with "Set INI to Readonly after saving" turned on.

Thank you for the explanation!! Was having exactly the same problem until I disabled my ui mods and now I'm back in action. Also having issue of mods being disabled each time I play. My plugins.txt is set readonly, but I will give the Fallout 4 Configuration Tool a shot with that option enabled. Ty again

In response to post #37154580. #37155085, #37155285 are all replies on the same post.

mindcrime02 wrote: I've read people having issues with their mods being disabled every time they load their game. For some reason mine remain the same. I have a profile on NMM and made a backup of my mod list. Also, I am running the latest NMM update (0.61.20).

smdursoii wrote: Thank you for the explanation!! Was having exactly the same problem until I disabled my ui mods and now I'm back in action. Also having issue of mods being disabled each time I play. My plugins.txt is set readonly, but I will give the Fallout 4 Configuration Tool a shot with that option enabled. Ty again

Let me know if it works. If it does, we might have a temporary, if not, permanent solution for the disabling issue, until the next update comes around.

Hello,

I am having trouble runing the NMM, since i upgraded it to the newest version. Whenever i launch NMM it tells me it needs NET framework 4.6 installed, so i tried to install it and quess what, it is not compatible with the system i am using, though i downloaded NET framework for windows 7.

Anyone that could tell me what is going on? I am using windows 7 ultimate

In response to post #37148135.

dom77us wrote: Screw it!

I don't need more aggravation in my life so I uninstalled Fallout 4.

I'll wait for Bethesda to stop with the bs, decide how they're going go forward with it and get the game to a more reliably playable state.

i'm borderline this :P