ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fallout 4 1.5 Update Public Service Announcement

SirSalami

In response to post #37025410. #37053255 is also a reply to the same post.

thestoryteller01 wrote: What about this: http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=19982 "It Looks As If Paid Mods Are Slowly Being Reintegrated Back Into Steam"
Crimsonhawk87 wrote: Ahh, the weaselly snakes could not resist slithering their way back into the wallets of their customers. Guess it was inevitable, although I don't think it will be the boon that everyone thinks it will (modders and gaming company alike).

Seeing as Fallout 4 will use Bethesda.net not Steam Workshop, this doesn't really matter. They removed the Steam Workshop API back in December.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37057025. #37057470 is also a reply to the same post.

andelainp wrote: I did everything here listed to reinstall the mods and whatnot after the inital release of 1.5 My game is STILL not finding the mods. I've double clicked and double clicked again to enable all the mods and still get the error message saying that the mods are not available so my load my loaded without the mods.....Anybody else? Help!
Ombragine wrote: Hi.

Try to copy files Plugins.txt and LoadOrder.txt from
C:\Users\[XX]\AppData\Local\Fallout4 to [X:]\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4

[XX] your user account
[X:] your drive where you have installed steam/fallout 4.

*May be you have to play with the MOD Menu inside the game itself and login your Bethesda account if you have etc...

I did that and it works for me.

Find the appdata folder on your windows drive by typing %appdata% into the search bar in the start menu. then go to the "local" file and find the "fallout4" file. inside the fallout 4 folder is a text document called "Plugins". open plugins with a text editor and add a star (*) in front of every 3rd party mod you are running (only the 3rd party mods, not the bethesda ESM mods). save the document by undoing the "read only" status in the file and then change it back to read only after saved.

Launch FO4 now using the ORIGINAL FO4 .exe (DO NOT FOR ANY REASON OPEN OR USE NMM or any other mod manager or it will reset the changes you made to the plugin file)

most of your mods should work now but if they are not make sure you have made the proper corrections to the fallout ini files as they may have reset because of the update.)

In response to post #37058330. #37060000 is also a reply to the same post.

Hoodenberg wrote:

For f*** sake- did the Beth devs change something again? My modded game worked peachy effin creamy yesterday and now I get "The save relies on content that is no longer present" crap. Is there a workaround?

ArtOwen wrote: SOLUTION: I had the same problem. Modded game working beautifully yesterday then today after beta update "the save relies on content bla bla bla". After scouring the internet, reinstalling mods a thousand times and reinstalling the game only to get the same result. I scoured the internet again lol. I found this thread containing a solution for me so have faith :) I hope this works for you too.

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/10012

Essentially, the solution is very simple.

1)Create a profile at bethesda.net required for downloading mods of their website (some great mods here too).
2)Go to MODS option on Main Menu of Fallout 4.
3)Choose load order (press Y for me with controller)
4)Here your mods will be listed (including those through NMM) and you simply enable them (by pressing A for me with controller)
5)Voila! Works like a peach

It actually seems like a great system if they keep it although I don't know how this effects the manual modders. It seems to work fine with NMM and Beta Creation Kit Mods.

EDIT:
Removed what I wrote. After reading thsi thread: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/10012?start=0&tstart=0

It seems as if it's a bug that wasn't intentional because of the release of the open CK beta. They'll provide a hotfix shortly, if I understood correctly, that'll move back the plugins.txt to the original location.

EDIT 2:
Wow, kudos to Bethesda for fixing it that fast. Hotfix is already up. It's now working as intended. Edited by DrScandi

In response to post #36986470.

kociemba wrote:

fallout 4 patch updates 1.5 broke my game if you disable the beta half my mods won't work

I'm with you on that bro. Crashes every 10 - 15 min, many vanilla items went "poof" (sanctuary bridge, walls throughout settlements, couches, toilets, etc GONE) and cannot get out of the Institute AT ALL - level 84) Even old saves that were fine have all been affected.
I think that if you start beta DO NOT LEAVE OR CHANGE ANYTHING. ALL saves have been affected. My 4th playthrough (reached +- level 100 with other 3) and I will not start from scratch again. What a waste. I can continue playing, just cannot go into institute, tried everything but i cannot open console to "finish institute quests" either - even after downloading new stuff from NMM.

In response to post #37058330. #37058890 is also a reply to the same post.

Hoodenberg wrote:

For f*** sake- did the Beth devs change something again? My modded game worked peachy effin creamy yesterday and now I get "The save relies on content that is no longer present" crap. Is there a workaround?

DrScandi wrote: EDIT:
Removed what I wrote. After reading thsi thread: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/10012?start=0&tstart=0

It seems as if it's a bug that wasn't intentional because of the release of the open CK beta. They'll provide a hotfix shortly, if I understood correctly, that'll move back the plugins.txt to the original location.

SOLUTION: I had the same problem. Modded game working beautifully yesterday then today after beta update "the save relies on content bla bla bla". After scouring the internet, reinstalling mods a thousand times and reinstalling the game only to get the same result. I scoured the internet again lol. I found this thread containing a solution for me so have faith :) I hope this works for you too.

1)Create a profile at bethesda.net required for downloading mods of their website (some great mods here too).
4)Here your mods will be listed (including those through NMM) and you simply enable them (by pressing A for me with controller)

It actually seems like a great system if they keep it although I don't know how this effects the manual modders. It seems to work fine with NMM and Beta Creation Kit Mods.

In response to post #37058330. #37058890, #37060000 are all replies on the same post.

Hoodenberg wrote:

EDIT 2:
Wow, kudos to Bethesda for fixing it that fast. Hotfix is already up. It's now working as intended.
ArtOwen wrote: SOLUTION: I had the same problem. Modded game working beautifully yesterday then today after beta update "the save relies on content bla bla bla". After scouring the internet, reinstalling mods a thousand times and reinstalling the game only to get the same result. I scoured the internet again lol. I found this thread containing a solution for me so have faith :) I hope this works for you too.

Aouch, you already went through and reinastalled mods... sometimes you shouldn't act too quickly.

They already sent out a hotfix to fix it and you don't even have to use the in game mod menu but can use NMM as normal :D

In response to post #37058330. #37058890, #37060000, #37060120 are all replies on the same post.

Hoodenberg wrote:

EDIT 2:
Wow, kudos to Bethesda for fixing it that fast. Hotfix is already up. It's now working as intended.

DrScandi wrote: Aouch, you already went through and reinastalled mods... sometimes you shouldn't act too quickly.

They already sent out a hotfix to fix it and you don't even have to use the in game mod menu but can use NMM as normal :D

Hotfix is up !

Lol @ the quote up top. The mod community can do much more than change textures, and the list gets longer every day, GECK or no GECK.

But I'm still happy to see the new GECK. Hopefully we can mod out parts of the new survival mode (like console commands are necessary in Beth games, they're all buggy, and I want to save when I want dang it).