Fallout 4 1.5 Update Public Service Announcement

SirSalami

first off, If this is in the wrong area, i am sorry. I looked over the thread and didn't find a similar problem, and its probably a stupid problem.

When I try and update mod manager to 0.6.1.20 i get an error that it cannot erase NexusClient.exe, permission denied. I have looked over security settings and they appear fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I try and update mod manager to 0.6.1.20 i get an error that it cannot erase NexusClient.exe, permission denied. I have looked over security settings and they appear fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

Nope, not me. Execute the setup with admin privileges, that should fix it.

I give up, what am I missing: NMM shows my "profile 1" at the top and the mods all have the green checkmark, but none of them are actually activated.

Clicking "profile" at the top does not show an option that says "import load order" but i do see that option in the plugin window. However, clicking it prompts for me to manually locate the text file and when I found one (with yesterdays date on it) NMM gives an error saying the file is missing mode type.

I'm lost.

NMM (v 0.61.2) shows green checks for all my mods.

FO4 loads fine until I select continue, which is when I get the "This save relies on content that is no longer present. yada, yada, yada."

When I select yes to continue the game chugs for a bit and then CTD.

I did notice 2 new options on the menu:

Add-ons - lists the 3 DLCs with Far Harbor listed as 'coming soon' the other two as installed.

mods - You have to log into bethesda.net but all I get is "Could not log into the Bethesda.net servers."

Just peachy.

Is that why it acts like I have some objects that "...may no longer be available." and my game is broke?

It used to be Bethesda would update a game and the game would seem broken until the good folks at silverlock updated the script extender.

Looks like Bethesda has eliminated the middle person and broke it themselves.

Anybody figure out a workaround?

You're not missing anything Woogie!

Edited by dom77us

Bethesda updated the game today. A part of that update changed the way they handle mods. :pinch: If you use NMM to install, you will need to update it to v0.61.20. That version does use the new method to set up mods. If you use the NMM profiles, then you can go to your current profile and use the import profile load order to reinstall your mods in the same load order using the new method. You may still have to go in and manually activate some. I suggest testing before doing anything to make sure it works, then add in a few at a time testing between each group. All of this is new, so expect some bugs.

However, some of the other changes they made will cause problems with some mods, and many will not be active because of this. Popular mods like Settlement keywords and snap and build, anything that makes any changes to the UI and any mod that relies on one of the mods that no longer work. I am sure that most of those will get patches in the next day or so, but you are just going to have to live without them until they do.

@Woogie: It's good to see you back.

In response to post #37142950.

dom77us wrote: NMM (v 0.61.2) shows green checks for all my mods.
FO4 loads fine until I select continue, which is when I get the "This save relies on content that is no longer present. yada, yada, yada."
When I select yes to continue the game chugs for a bit and then CTD.

I did notice 2 new options on the menu:

Add-ons - lists the 3 DLCs with Far Harbor listed as 'coming soon' the other two as installed.

mods - You have to log into bethesda.net but all I get is "Could not log into the Bethesda.net servers."
Just peachy.
Is that why it acts like I have some objects that "...may no longer be available." and my game is broke?

It used to be Bethesda would update a game and the game would seem broken until the good folks at silverlock updated the script extender.
Looks like Bethesda has eliminated the middle person and broke it themselves.

Anybody figure out a workaround?

You're not missing anything Woogie!

go to your plugins.txt file and put an asterisk * in front of every mod (not Fallout 4.esm or any of the DLC)

sadly after enabling all these mods my game crashes, likely due to some new compatibility issue.
--sigh-

In response to post #37140955. #37141360 is also a reply to the same post.

FitzConnor wrote: NMM loads fine, All good.
Fallout 4 loads up fine, Once more, All good.
Loading ONE save.
Everything crashes and burns.
I retry this six time.
Does the same thing.
nelsonrosa3 wrote: Same here. someone can help us?

my money is on mod compatibility.
the update has likely caused some conflicts.

time to comb through my mod order and see what it is I guess -__-