Fallout 4 1.5 Update Public Service Announcement

SirSalami

In response to post #37129720. #37133590, #37135055, #37135210, #37143950, #37144400, #37148035 are all replies on the same post.

Nostalgiaheart wrote: It Looks like 1.5 broke NMM - I keep CTD. Help me Nexus and I'm using ver 0.61.20

Edit: I tried something - if you load a new game [new profile] with NO mods FO4 will play - But if you are loading your old mods with it [ it will CTD ].

UPDATE: 12:37 EDT US
The UI MODS seem to be causing the issue for CTD after 1.5 update.

[ Sorry guy's I did have a UI running - My HUD - so it seems that all UI mods are causing this problem. Disable your UI and try game again. ]
TedKuruk wrote: I am getting the CTD after game load, too. I turned off "My HUD" and the game loaded, but it appears many of my mods aren't truly active.

I'm re-importing my profile load order and re-enabling everything to see if that helps.
TedKuruk wrote: Re-importing and re-enabling seem to have me running. Wow, I forgot how enormous the vanilla UI is.. Good tip, Nostalgiaheart.
Nostalgiaheart wrote: :) Have fun and enjoy until they fix it.
Ptrack wrote: still havne't gotten it to work. i deleted all my UI mods
TedKuruk wrote: I got My HUD working with the beta survival optional file. I don't have Automotron, but there is an update for that, too.
Agavehound wrote: Yup. Just disabled my UI mod and it now loads properly. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Bah - the UI was the whole reason I modded the game in the first place - vanilla is horrendous!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37160675.

MrTorlof wrote: Hello,

I am having trouble runing the NMM, since i upgraded it to the newest version. Whenever i launch NMM it tells me it needs NET framework 4.6 installed, so i tried to install it and quess what, it is not compatible with the system i am using, though i downloaded NET framework for windows 7.
Anyone that could tell me what is going on? I am using windows 7 ultimate

Framework 4.6 will not install on plain Windows 7. It requires Windows 7.1 (Service pack 1)

In response to post #37058330. #37058890, #37060000, #37060120, #37061335, #37131575, #37144020, #37150225 are all replies on the same post.

Hoodenberg wrote:

For f*** sake- did the Beth devs change something again? My modded game worked peachy effin creamy yesterday and now I get "The save relies on content that is no longer present" crap. Is there a workaround?

DrScandi wrote: EDIT:
Removed what I wrote. After reading thsi thread: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/10012?start=0&tstart=0

It seems as if it's a bug that wasn't intentional because of the release of the open CK beta. They'll provide a hotfix shortly, if I understood correctly, that'll move back the plugins.txt to the original location.

EDIT 2:
Wow, kudos to Bethesda for fixing it that fast. Hotfix is already up. It's now working as intended.
ArtOwen wrote: SOLUTION: I had the same problem. Modded game working beautifully yesterday then today after beta update "the save relies on content bla bla bla". After scouring the internet, reinstalling mods a thousand times and reinstalling the game only to get the same result. I scoured the internet again lol. I found this thread containing a solution for me so have faith :) I hope this works for you too.

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/10012

Essentially, the solution is very simple.

1)Create a profile at bethesda.net required for downloading mods of their website (some great mods here too).
2)Go to MODS option on Main Menu of Fallout 4.
3)Choose load order (press Y for me with controller)
4)Here your mods will be listed (including those through NMM) and you simply enable them (by pressing A for me with controller)
5)Voila! Works like a peach

It actually seems like a great system if they keep it although I don't know how this effects the manual modders. It seems to work fine with NMM and Beta Creation Kit Mods.
DrScandi wrote: Aouch, you already went through and reinastalled mods... sometimes you shouldn't act too quickly.

They already sent out a hotfix to fix it and you don't even have to use the in game mod menu but can use NMM as normal :D
Ombragine wrote: Hotfix is up !
Phoggy wrote: Thanks ArtOwen for posting this - saved me a big headache !
Ptrack wrote: saw this but i already tried to validate my game cache files in steam.... FML idk what to do
Oax wrote: Currently I have to go into the "new" mod menu and re-enable all 176 of my mods every time I want to play. WTF Bethesderps. Is this not the case for you??

can you post a link for the hotfix?

In response to post #37148135. #37168115 is also a reply to the same post.

dom77us wrote: Screw it!

I don't need more aggravation in my life so I uninstalled Fallout 4.

I'll wait for Bethesda to stop with the bs, decide how they're going go forward with it and get the game to a more reliably playable state.

vlaka wrote: i'm borderline this :P

I'm at this point as well =(

In response to post #37058330. #37058890, #37060000, #37060120, #37061335, #37131575, #37144020, #37150225, #37169975 are all replies on the same post.

Hoodenberg wrote:

For f*** sake- did the Beth devs change something again? My modded game worked peachy effin creamy yesterday and now I get "The save relies on content that is no longer present" crap. Is there a workaround?

Removed what I wrote. After reading thsi thread: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/10012?start=0&tstart=0

It seems as if it's a bug that wasn't intentional because of the release of the open CK beta. They'll provide a hotfix shortly, if I understood correctly, that'll move back the plugins.txt to the original location.

EDIT 2:
Wow, kudos to Bethesda for fixing it that fast. Hotfix is already up. It's now working as intended.
ArtOwen wrote: SOLUTION: I had the same problem. Modded game working beautifully yesterday then today after beta update "the save relies on content bla bla bla". After scouring the internet, reinstalling mods a thousand times and reinstalling the game only to get the same result. I scoured the internet again lol. I found this thread containing a solution for me so have faith :) I hope this works for you too.

1)Create a profile at bethesda.net required for downloading mods of their website (some great mods here too).
4)Here your mods will be listed (including those through NMM) and you simply enable them (by pressing A for me with controller)

It actually seems like a great system if they keep it although I don't know how this effects the manual modders. It seems to work fine with NMM and Beta Creation Kit Mods.
DrScandi wrote: Aouch, you already went through and reinastalled mods... sometimes you shouldn't act too quickly.

They already sent out a hotfix to fix it and you don't even have to use the in game mod menu but can use NMM as normal :D
Ptrack wrote: saw this but i already tried to validate my game cache files in steam.... FML idk what to do
Oax wrote: Currently I have to go into the "new" mod menu and re-enable all 176 of my mods every time I want to play. WTF Bethesderps. Is this not the case for you??
smokey4o8 wrote: can you post a link for the hotfix?

even after using the mods menu to enable my mods, my game crashes before it loads. The mods are in the same order that I had them in NMM. All mods worked before update.

Try 1:

Updated to 1.5 (regretted this decision), updated NMM, re-enabled all mods, lunch game, load most recent save, goes to loading screen and CTD as soon as it 'feels' like it will load.

Try 2:

Disable UI mods (as advised), crashes before I have the chance to load a game.

Try3:

Disable ALL mods and the game loads and runs (but with no mods) UPDATE: mods where unchecked but not disabled

Try 4:

Only enable CBBE - CTD

UPDATE:

Got game working now, had to Disable all mods (inside NMM > Tools > Disable ALL mods) and activate again. Sorted using Loot and now seems that it's working.

Avoided UI Mods

Edited by alexblah

Well, I got NMM updated last night, Had to reboot my system because NexusClient.exe was somehow still running. Made the mistake of disabling and re-enabling my mods.

actually uninstalled and reinstalled them, and i did not have a single problem with loading, and I have about 53 mods running ATM.

stupid question, but what is this mod menu you are referring to. (i am at work now so....)

In response to post #37154545.

Skutal wrote:

Currently I have to go into the "new" mod menu and re-enable all 176 of my mods every time I want to play. WTF Bethesderps. Is this not the case for you??

Same here. Except I use NMM profiles which makes it faster, but I have to turn them all back on nearly every time I want to play. And from what I can tell, the plugins.txt file in appdata can't possibly be the true place it keeps note of plugins anymore, as I have that file set to read only, and it still keeps dropping all the mods.

Same with me :-(

In response to post #37058330. #37058890, #37060000, #37060120, #37061335, #37131575, #37144020, #37150225, #37169975, #37170100 are all replies on the same post.

Hoodenberg wrote:

EDIT 2:

smokey4o8 wrote: can you post a link for the hotfix?
sickjoke419 wrote: even after using the mods menu to enable my mods, my game crashes before it loads. The mods are in the same order that I had them in NMM. All mods worked before update.

@Hoodenburg Are you using Def_ui?
it conflicts with the update, can't use it at all at the moment.

In response to post #37148135. #37168115, #37170040 are all replies on the same post.

dom77us wrote: Screw it!

I don't need more aggravation in my life so I uninstalled Fallout 4.

I'll wait for Bethesda to stop with the bs, decide how they're going go forward with it and get the game to a more reliably playable state.

vlaka wrote: i'm borderline this :P
sickjoke419 wrote: I'm at this point as well =(

Unfortunately that's where I ended up as well.