Where are you from?

TheCalliton

Where you from  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Where you from?

Greenville, Florida, USA.I live in a deep forest in the middle of freaking nowhere, to find another person who doesn't live in my household, I'd have to drive at least 5 or 10 miles.Also it's incredibly hot in Florida in the summer, it's at least 100 degrees in the afternoon.And no broadband or DSL where I live either, only dialup for me.

I live in overcrowded (for my taste) Athens,Greece.

In one of the nice districts downtown. Temperature usually goes up to 42-45 Celsius at Summer,(too hot!) :ohdear: rarely reaches 0c at Winter.

Thankfully most buildings at my district are one or two story buildings with architecture that resembles old village houses,instead of those big ugly gray apartment blocks that the bigger part of the city is stuffed with.

Makes me feel like I'm not in a big city,something witch I like. :wub:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MpWTHLpVLRg/ShAhDe3Kq3I/AAAAAAAABGY/vtauo8gv4Pk/s400/%CE%9C%CE%95%CE%A4%CE%A3-%CE%95%CE%98%CE%9D%CE%99%CE%9A%CE%9F%CE%A3+%CE%9A%CE%97%CE%A0%CE%9F%CE%A3+007.JPG

http://photo.kathimerini.gr/kathnews/photos/A/A_Mets_10384.jpg

There are many deserted buildings around here that are over 100 years old that perhaps are forgotten by their owners,and that gives them a creepy taste that made me and other kids call them haunted back in times. :P

And here I will tell you a secret: :ninja:

My district was inhabited in ancient times,and almost every time bulldozers come to build a new building,while digging they find ancient stuff.

Usually all that ancient stuff is buried under tonnes of cement and the new buildings are build on top of them,something that is not supposed to happen,because the government is supposed to save and preserve antiquities.

But hey,the government is supposed to be in austerity plan and cut spending,so compensating land owners for using their land to make use of antiquity isn't on program. :ermm:

About 8 out of 10 modern buildings in this district are build on top of ancient buildings,and I think it's marvelous that so many parts of ancient Athens where intact,at least before the bulldozers destroyed them.It would be nice if somebody could walk around numerous ancient buildings having a real presentation of how the ancient city would be in front of his eyes,but anyway..