Ban Content

hadoumastery

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a list or a warning when modders release content that may get them a ban?

• Yes, we should get a warning when releasing content or 3 days notice to take it down before a ban.
    • There should be a list that is easy to find that lets you know what content earns a ban.
    • No, it should stay as it is now.

I notice quite a few modders get banned for releasing certain content even if they didn't know that the content would get them a ban, and I believe it is a bit wrong, if a modders content would earn them a ban, the moderators on the forum should let them know to take it down and give like 3 days notice, and if they don't respond or refuse to take it down, then give them a ban. Or at the very least create a notification that tells you what mod content earns a ban. It seems to me, many modders that do get banned don't really understand what earns them a ban and also do not know what content would do it. I mean there is no special list telling you what mod content specificly earns a ban, what happens is, one day you release it and the next day you're banned without any warning at all especially if you didn't know that the content was bad for release.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the same way that people who release content against the TOS of the site should give moderators 3 days knowledge that they didn't actually read the TOS when they agreed to it and hence are confused as to why they were banned?

The rules are more than specific enough, if you're unsure if something is in violation of the TOS then it most probably is.

Through your use of any Nexus site you agree that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, related to piracy, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of UK law. Know that in severe cases legal action can be taken against you.

The posting of copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material, is strictly prohibited on any Nexus site. This includes linking to sites that contain copyrighted material used without permission of the copyright holder. Legal inquiries regarding copyright infringement are taken very seriously on Nexus sites and we will work with any legal body to identify and bring to justice anyone who might use a Nexus site to share copyrighted material.

It's kinda hard to find one which isn't covered by that. I certainly haven't seen any (ignoring those successfully appealed).

I'll take a stab in the dark and say 80% of mods removed would be violating the copyright part, by porting content they don't have permission for, or were unsuccessful in getting, but as it says:

Remember; ignorance is not an excuse.

Anywho that's my 2c worth.

Edited by Skevitj

If you can give specific examples of bans where someone didn't know the thing they were uploading was wrong then that'd be great.

There are several modders who have been banned and just created a new account. My guess, they had no idea what they released was ban content, and one in particular that I know of since I saw his post myself before the content was removed. Crossfirex made a halo weapons mod at the request of someone on the forums, then after a user on the forums posted in his comments section of the mod something around getting banned, he stated he would wait and see if a moderator asked him to take it down. The only problem was that he did not get a request to take it down, instead he was simply banned. That one in particular seemed wrong to me, since he openly stated he did not know whether or not it was ban content, yet was still banned for it.

Edited by hadoumastery

"I testify that all the content in the files I am going to upload are my own or are used with the express permission of the original creators of the files I have used and I have properly credited the original creators in my ReadMe, and in the mod description or in the "Credits" text area of the "Distribution permission" section of this page. I understand and accept that I will be banned from this site if I am found to be lieing about this."

You have to tick a box next to that blurb every single time you add a file to the site. Explain to me how it could be any more obvious that you don't upload what isn't yours.

I think the only "oops" moment i could forsee with someone accidenally uploaiding a mod that would get them banned is if they were making something that works in both fallout 3 and fallout new vegas and mistakenly was unaware that a peice of material was not present in both games. Of course, if that were the case, he would see red exclamations in the testing phase, therefore the mod must have been announced to be in the testing phase.

*edit*

i guess that wouldnt qualify for a ban though since no files were transfered from one game to another...

Edited by PowderdToastMan