Final Listing

to me a 6 core cpu versus a 8 core cpu thats probably not going to be Socket am3+ isn't worth it in my opinion.

i knew that AM3 can run on AM3+ and not the other way around, but this statement confuses me lol...whats not going to be Socket AM3+?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can, IN FACT, use a Bulldozer on AM3 (not AM3+) socket, however with around 50% of reduced efficiency. Using a AM3 CPU on AMD3+ does not cause any +/- side effects.

@Thor. Why do you want a 16 core CPU if only 3 of them are used at peak hours (2 by games, 1 by OS+backround stuff). Also, more cores != better performance.

if it turns out the 8 core version is worth it (and its under $300) then i MIGHT get it. otherwise ill be comparing the 1100T and the 6-core Bulldozer and getting the better of the two.

My board is socket am3+ so its nnot a problem.:cool:

Also i guess you can call me a core nut, MMOOOre cores the better :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

If i had my way i would also have 16gb of ram.

And 2 of the latest and greatest nvidia cards.

Edited by Thor.

Me personally, I'll be overclocking this i5 2500k like there's no tomorrow. Then, when the second or third generation bulldozer comes round, I'll purchase it along with an AM3+ socket motherboard. I should have a decent amount of $$$ for new hardware by then.

May not be the best thing to do, but it suits me right now. I really love overclocking the 2500k :happy:

like i said, ill get whatever is best for the price. if its just not worth its price, ill buy the 1100t.....i wont be buying anything till next year sometime, Spring/Summer, so by then hopefully the second or third gen bulldozer will be out, or a price drop on whats out.....im planning on $300 for a CPU...if i end up spending it on the bulldozer thats fine, if i end up buying the 1100t, well then i saved some money, its good either way......and if by some reason the bulldozer is pushed back and its not out when i build my PC, 1100t it is

Oh trust me, Bulldozer will be worth of its price, solely due to its architecture (how the CPU is put together). As of mater of fact, a 4 core Bulldozer will beat a 6 core Phenom II. And from the leaks, it performs better then the i7 Sandy Bridge CPUs.

I'd be really suprised if the 1100T is better for the money, especially since the 2500k, at least here, for me, is cheaper. 1 euro cheaper, but still.

wow lucky....the 1100t is like $20 cheaper here.

im just excited for bulldozer and i just really want to be able to build my PC! god damn stupid car accident using up all my money