Final Listing

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol ya. i was gunna et the i5-2500k, but idk, its just more expensive then AMD and for no real reason..

Overclocking. Buuut if you REALLY want the bulldozer later on then get the former with the AM3+ socket.

Dude, have you ordered the parts yet? I'm surprised this thread is still going. What other questions do you have man?

meh, i dont plan on heavy overclocking, how much can the 1100t safely be overclocked (with an H60 water cooler)?

and no i havent. i dont have the money. i got into an accident this summer, so the money that woulda gone for this went to a new car, so the PC might not even be built till next may/june..possibly (hopefully) earlier.

but it wasnt a bad thing, the PC i had ready to build wasnt quite as good as this, so the waiting caused me to do a lot more research into parts and what to look for, so it wasnt such a bad thing

Overclocking.

And AMD is as good OCing CPU as is Intel. Sometimes even a bit better.

I was specifically speaking of the 2500k vs. 1100t, not Intel vs. AMD. Not sure why you mentioned which brand name is better at overclocking, thats far from the point.

But to be fair, yes, you are usually paing for the Intel name while the AMD equivalents are somewhat cheaper.

so could i OC the 1100t to say..4.0? or am i being crazy or is that not actually all that much?

i know nothing of OCing.....this will be my first PC ive built and im learning about PCs as i go :)

i have an 850W so i think i should be all set. my build is spec to only take around 550W.

there was a link someone sent me that can determine roughly how much Watts you would need...it was a newegg link, and it was in one of these threads (probably the PSU thread i had) and thats how i got that number, even if its not 100% accurate thats still 300W extra, i should be set....plus its 80 plus gold and Raidmax, which i was told is a very good PSU ,manufacturer....im very happy with my PSU :)

I was specifically speaking of the 2500k vs. 1100t, not Intel vs. AMD. Not sure why you mentioned which brand name is better at overclocking, thats far from the point.

That is a myth. Both brands can be OCed the same way, with the same difficulty, with the same results.

Edited by Draakon