Creation Kit is finally here!

Mouseug

So now that the CK for F04 is out in open beta, anyone gotten into it to find any significant upgrades to it since skyrim. Better biped slot management, import/export tools, ui tweaks or changes, behavior editing. Anything that makes it a worthwhile release for modders that want more than just in game edits and crazy papyrus scripting.

List of new features

Edit: This way you can judge for yourself.

Edited by PoliteRaider

I'm new to modding. My first question is...where's the documentation for the GECK? There is the wiki linked from the launcher...that is blank. LOL
I can't find any useful tutorials.

Two main things I want to start off learning is editing snap points on build objects and adding a few more items to the building menu.

I'm new to modding. My first question is...where's the documentation for the GECK? There is the wiki linked from the launcher...that is blank. LOL

Two main things I want to start off learning is editing snap points on build objects and adding a few more items to the building menu.

Just use the tutorials from Fo3/NV/skyrim they're essentially the same because Bethesda has been recycling the same game engine since morrowind in 2002

Just use the tutorials from Fo3/NV/skyrim they're essentially the same because Bethesda has been recycling the same game engine since morrowind in 2002

The two things Guardian001 mentioned wanting help with are new to this game so they aren't in previous creation kits.

Editing the snap nodes will most likely be done on a tool like nifscope I think.

Hmm. Running Windows 7 64bit. CK crashes every time while initializing archive, no matter if I launch through Bethesda.net launcher or via the exe. Anyone else having issues?

I have the same Problem (W10)

CK tries to access some language files which are not (any longer) present on my system. These are:

data\strings\Fallout4_en.DLSTRINGS

data\strings\Fallout4_en.ILSTRINGS

data\strings\Fallout4_en.STRINGS

I do have the german version of this files and thus i copied these files and renamed them. With this "dummy-files" CK does load an archive however it throws some hundred errors because of the UTF-8 characters which it can't process. I'm prety sure that creating an archive will fail. Didn't tested it right now.

Edited by deadbeeftffn

The correct way, at least for the german version, is to add

sLanguage=de

under the [General] category within the CreationKit.ini (located in you install directory). Skyrim had a similar issue (except it didn't completely crash on loading). For every other language you have to replace de with the shortcut of your language files found in your Data\Strings folder (Fallout4_XX.DLSTRINGS)

The correct way, at least for the german version, is to add

sLanguage=de

under the [General] category within the CreationKit.ini (located in you install directory). Skyrim had a similar issue (except it didn't completely crash on loading). For every other language you have to replace de with the shortcut of your language files found in your Data\Strings folder (Fallout4_XX.DLSTRINGS)

Great! Thanks :thumbsup: