Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37155425. #37155465, #37155610, #37155765 are all replies on the same post.

steve40 wrote:

So far as I'm aware I don't have custom interface mods. I have "LoadingMenu.swf" and "pipboymenu.swf", are those custom?
Absolutely, in fact, they are likely the cause of your crashes.
Sertith wrote: So there should be NOTHING in that folder?
Sertith wrote: In the .ini, I've got this:

SResourceArchiveList=Fallout4 - Voices.ba2, Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2, Fallout4 - MeshesExtra.ba2, Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2

What should be in there?
Sertith wrote: Come on, Steve40, save me!

Somebody, anybody...dying now...arghfhghrdfcllc......

In response to post #37155425. #37155465, #37155610, #37155765, #37156020 are all replies on the same post.

steve40 wrote:

So far as I'm aware I don't have custom interface mods. I have "LoadingMenu.swf" and "pipboymenu.swf", are those custom?
Absolutely, in fact, they are likely the cause of your crashes.
Sertith wrote: So there should be NOTHING in that folder?
Sertith wrote: In the .ini, I've got this:

SResourceArchiveList=Fallout4 - Voices.ba2, Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2, Fallout4 - MeshesExtra.ba2, Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2

What should be in there?
Sertith wrote: Come on, Steve40, save me!
Sertith wrote: Somebody, anybody...dying now...arghfhghrdfcllc......

The answer, is: ""

Really, nothing should follow the equals sign. Read this:
http://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation#How_To_Enable_Fallout_4_Mods

In response to post #37155875.

SkyRimJobb wrote: So wrecked. Between Bethesda's loader and Nexus, with mods, I've somehow LOST MY FREAKING STRUCTURES TAB for building... yayayayay.

Having to go between two platforms sucks... Nexus was enough for me.

Bethesda meddling with s#*&#33; is annoying as heck >.<

In response to post #37154610.

steve40 wrote:

Am I the only one whose mods aren't loading when trying to load a save?
I updated NMM.
I activated / downloaded the beta through steam.
I opened NMM.
I loaded my previous load-order.
I enabled all the plugins.
Now when I try to load a gamesave it gives that message about missing plugins and stuff. Wtf?

Just edit plugins.txt and put an asterisk in front of every mod (but not Fallout4.esm). save, and set plugins.txt to read-only.

will the *'s also stop NMM from disabling plugins or is that an unrelated issue?

In response to post #37154610. #37159590 is also a reply to the same post.

steve40 wrote:

Am I the only one whose mods aren't loading when trying to load a save?
I updated NMM.
I activated / downloaded the beta through steam.
I opened NMM.
I loaded my previous load-order.
I enabled all the plugins.
Now when I try to load a gamesave it gives that message about missing plugins and stuff. Wtf?

Just edit plugins.txt and put an asterisk in front of every mod (but not Fallout4.esm). save, and set plugins.txt to read-only.

vlaka wrote: will the *'s also stop NMM from disabling plugins or is that an unrelated issue?

I don't use NMM, so I don't know. I expect NMM will get updated to make it fully compatible asap, if it isn't already.

In response to post #37155875. #37159560 is also a reply to the same post.

SkyRimJobb wrote: So wrecked. Between Bethesda's loader and Nexus, with mods, I've somehow LOST MY FREAKING STRUCTURES TAB for building... yayayayay.

Having to go between two platforms sucks... Nexus was enough for me.
vlaka wrote: Bethesda meddling with s#*&#33; is annoying as heck >.<

I am having same issue and can't figure it out. Started new game with no mods and same issue.

Well I seem to have sorted the CK crashes I was having when I first installed the CK. Here's what I did:

1) the desktop shortcut created by the Bethesda.Net launcher was broken, so I created a new shortcut (the Creation Kit executable will be in your Fallout 4 root folder).

2) then I set the shortcut to always run as Administrator.

3) look in your Fallout 4 "data\scripts" folder. If you have any (non-default) folders in there that you made yourself (such as a backup folder) then REMOVE IT. I had a folder with some backed-up pex files in it and it caused the script manager in CK to choke and crash! The default folders to keep are "data\scripts\source" and three subfolders: Base, User and DLC01.

4) if you have ANY .psc files in your "data\scripts" or "data\scripts\source folder, move them into "\data\scripts\source\User".

After that I was able to use CK without it crashing.

Edited by steve40

In response to post #37146835. #37149335, #37149555, #37150540 are all replies on the same post.

RustyXXL wrote: According to hlp in the fo4edit comments section ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/? ) the way nmm handels the plugin.txt in 1.5.157 is still wrong. He did test, and according to his results, the game loads the dlcs after all other esms, if the 3 master files aren't listed in the plugins.txt.
Just thought, I'd leave that bit of information here.
DevynDaBeast wrote: This is happening to me right now. When I look at NMM it is saying that all my plugins are active including my dlcs but LOOT is saying otherwise. It says that the dlcs are not active and I have not the slightest idea on how to fix this issue.
RustyXXL wrote: make your loadorder and when done, close nmm. now open %appdata%\..\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt (assuming you are on win7/8/10) and replace

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.

with

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

(assuming you have both dlcs. Close and don't start nmm again. Start anything else without nmm. If you start nmm again you will have to do these changes again, as nmm will remove those changes
Note: make sure loot can handle the plugin.txt correctly, I really have no idea if it does. I don't use loot for fo4 atm.
Deborah40 wrote: Since the update the DLC's are not managed the same way as mods anymore. They cannot be disabled through the mod manager, at least through the method used previously. It's likely the game looks at them differently as well. Ignore the warnings in loot, it's a failure on loot to recognize they're actually active. Loot will still work for the sorting, however.

Actually they are, according to the source I provided above.
It's basically saying, if you look at the savegames, when the 3 bethesda masters aren't listed in the plugins.txt, the game loads the files in the following order:

Fallout4.esm
<all other esms according to your loadorder>
<the 2 DLC esms>
<your esps, according to your loadorder>

Which is the wrong order and can be the cause for ctds, or mods not working properly in other ways, as the official dlcs might overwrite their changes.
When you put the 3 lines about the official esms in the loadorder in the savegame becomes

<all esms according to your loadorder>
<all esps according to your loadorder>