Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37146835. #37149335, #37149555 are all replies on the same post.

RustyXXL wrote: According to hlp in the fo4edit comments section ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/? ) the way nmm handels the plugin.txt in 1.5.157 is still wrong. He did test, and according to his results, the game loads the dlcs after all other esms, if the 3 master files aren't listed in the plugins.txt.
Just thought, I'd leave that bit of information here.
DevynDaBeast wrote: This is happening to me right now. When I look at NMM it is saying that all my plugins are active including my dlcs but LOOT is saying otherwise. It says that the dlcs are not active and I have not the slightest idea on how to fix this issue.
RustyXXL wrote: make your loadorder and when done, close nmm. now open %appdata%\..\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt (assuming you are on win7/8/10) and replace

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.

with

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

(assuming you have both dlcs. Close and don't start nmm again. Start anything else without nmm. If you start nmm again you will have to do these changes again, as nmm will remove those changes
Note: make sure loot can handle the plugin.txt correctly, I really have no idea if it does. I don't use loot for fo4 atm.

Since the update the DLC's are not managed the same way as mods anymore. They cannot be disabled through the mod manager, at least through the method used previously. It's likely the game looks at them differently as well. Ignore the warnings in loot, it's a failure on loot to recognize they're actually active. Loot will still work for the sorting, however.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why my game works now, but I'll tell you what I did. First I updated NMM and FO4. Then I started NMM and left it running as I started a new game. After reaching Sanctuary, I saw that none of my mods were installed. I closed the game, closed NMM, and stated the FO4 launcher. I then closed the FO4 launcher and restarted NMM. All the mods were disabled. I reenabled all my mods and left NMM running again as I started the FO4 launcher and a new game. After reloading the new save I had started, I saw that all my mods were now active.

I hope this data prove useful to someone.

In response to post #37145435. #37145555, #37145640, #37145740, #37145810, #37146130, #37146205, #37146585, #37146990, #37147025, #37147070, #37147180, #37148615, #37148775, #37149900 are all replies on the same post.

MechaReptar wrote: CTD on loading saves after updating. Disabled all mods, CTD as soon as menu loads. reset Ini, CTD. Verified files, CTD. Removed F4SE, CTD. Unistalling now, will see if it still does after I reinstall.
misshalcyon wrote: I am having this same issue. It even CTD's if I click New Game and I can't understand why. Have you managed to figure out what's causing yours?
MechaReptar wrote: Not yet. Still reinstalling, I have the same problem with new games too. Are you using ENBoost, Reshader, or SweetFX?
misshalcyon wrote: I was using an ENB with SweetFX but I uninstalled it a couple of days ago, didn't have any issues after doing so either. I'm going to attempt a fix that someone posted just now, and see if that works. If not, then I'm completely confused.
MechaReptar wrote: Please let me know if it works, I dont use DEF_UI, but at this point im willing to do some black magic.
misshalcyon wrote: Sadly no, the method didn't work for me. I've tried pretty much everything, short of uninstalling and reinstalling the game from scratch. I would like to avoid that, but it's looking like I might have to.
MechaReptar wrote: I'll let you know how it goes for me. Maybe save you the hassle. Hoping I find something elsewhere that with help also.
soulgamers wrote: Hi
Try what MajorDick and Outlander3734 said
in the post just below this run. all mods are now work for me. and no more CTD.
:yes: :thumbsup:
I also are using SweetFX and all are working.

i'll just add, thank god for those who know what they are doing. I'll not login to Steam any more. . I usually play offline.
zogthemighty wrote: Same problem here. Can't start new game, old save or anything. Deleted everything and reinstalled through steam, still no joy.
MechaReptar wrote: @soulgamers Tried Major's first; didn't want to reset everything in the beginning. Then went on to disabling mods and regenerating new ini's. Got frustrated and verified files and removing F04SE, then reinstalling. I am nowhere near an expert on these things, and this one has me stumped. I dont use Def_UI, but was willing to try til Misshalcyon told me it wasnt working for her either.
MechaReptar wrote: @Zogthemighty Did you delete the entire F04 folder, reinstall, and it still doesnt work? Ini's too? sorry, just trying to get alot of info
misshalcyon wrote: So I've tested both MajorDick and Outlander3734's fixes, didn't work for me. I've tried logging into the Bethesda.net Mod menu, verified files, and basically run through the check-list of usual fixes, and still crashing on loading a save or clicking New Game. I'm honestly wondering if a full uninstall/reinstall is my only option, and if so, I am not looking forward to that.
soulgamers wrote: Hi misshalcyon

It didn't work for me .. . untill I updated NMM, just after trying those out.

It then worked, to my amazement. and now I'm still playing the game from where I left off.
from my last save.

I didn't wan't to delet anything and didn't. and i'm so glad that I didn't.
but everything is now working for me.
and I have so many Bat files in the fallout 4 main folder.
I was thinking sould I delet those, but I didn't have too.
All I did was as they said to do.
hey! I have 131 mods all turned on. and now all of them works.
MY GAME IS SAVED FROM DISASTER. thanks to following what they said.

Rioplats wrote: I found out that currently any non updated UI mods such as Pleasant UI cause CTDs on loading saves. Uninstalling them seemed to do the trick. I don't think simply disabling them works; the files regarding the UI have to be removed from the Fallout 4 folder.
If not that, then other mods which edit the base game files may be the problem. I'm not sure if that extends to string edits such as Full Dialogue. Esps which only add content shouldn't be at fault.
MechaReptar wrote: @Misshalcyon
After reinstalling, I added every mod back, ran NMM, deleted the Archive section from the Fallout4Custom ini, add the STRING\, ... (Like Major said), and I seem to have solved it. Not anything i didn't do before, except reinstalling. CTD on menu stopped after deleting the Archive section. I didn't reinstall Creation Kit, but i doubt that was it either. Gonna try my saves on survival (it bumped me to Very Hard) and test. I'll let you know if i run into anything else.

Im also using my old Fallout4.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini with the added String line.

@soulgamers I updated NMM today as well and that hasn't solved the issue for me, sadly. I'm glad it worked for you though!

@MechaReptar I've done all of that, and still none of it works. I'm afraid that whatever is causing my issue will likely not be fixed until I just do a fresh reinstall. It's frustrating, but honestly this might just be the sign that it's time I take a break from the game as a whole. I'll give a shot again in the future, hopefully once all of this has settled down. Glad you were able to get your game working though! :)

In response to post #37145435. #37145555, #37145640, #37145740, #37145810, #37146130, #37146205, #37146585, #37146990, #37147025, #37147070, #37147180, #37148615, #37148775, #37149900, #37151055 are all replies on the same post.

MechaReptar wrote: CTD on loading saves after updating. Disabled all mods, CTD as soon as menu loads. reset Ini, CTD. Verified files, CTD. Removed F4SE, CTD. Unistalling now, will see if it still does after I reinstall.
misshalcyon wrote: I am having this same issue. It even CTD's if I click New Game and I can't understand why. Have you managed to figure out what's causing yours?
MechaReptar wrote: Not yet. Still reinstalling, I have the same problem with new games too. Are you using ENBoost, Reshader, or SweetFX?
misshalcyon wrote: I was using an ENB with SweetFX but I uninstalled it a couple of days ago, didn't have any issues after doing so either. I'm going to attempt a fix that someone posted just now, and see if that works. If not, then I'm completely confused.
MechaReptar wrote: Please let me know if it works, I dont use DEF_UI, but at this point im willing to do some black magic.
misshalcyon wrote: Sadly no, the method didn't work for me. I've tried pretty much everything, short of uninstalling and reinstalling the game from scratch. I would like to avoid that, but it's looking like I might have to.
MechaReptar wrote: I'll let you know how it goes for me. Maybe save you the hassle. Hoping I find something elsewhere that with help also.
Try what MajorDick and Outlander3734 said
in the post just below this run. all mods are now work for me. and no more CTD.
:yes: :thumbsup:
I also are using SweetFX and all are working.

i'll just add, thank god for those who know what they are doing. I'll not login to Steam any more. . I usually play offline.
zogthemighty wrote: Same problem here. Can't start new game, old save or anything. Deleted everything and reinstalled through steam, still no joy.
MechaReptar wrote: @soulgamers Tried Major's first; didn't want to reset everything in the beginning. Then went on to disabling mods and regenerating new ini's. Got frustrated and verified files and removing F04SE, then reinstalling. I am nowhere near an expert on these things, and this one has me stumped. I dont use Def_UI, but was willing to try til Misshalcyon told me it wasnt working for her either.
MechaReptar wrote: @Zogthemighty Did you delete the entire F04 folder, reinstall, and it still doesnt work? Ini's too? sorry, just trying to get alot of info
misshalcyon wrote: So I've tested both MajorDick and Outlander3734's fixes, didn't work for me. I've tried logging into the Bethesda.net Mod menu, verified files, and basically run through the check-list of usual fixes, and still crashing on loading a save or clicking New Game. I'm honestly wondering if a full uninstall/reinstall is my only option, and if so, I am not looking forward to that.
soulgamers wrote: Hi misshalcyon

It didn't work for me .. . untill I updated NMM, just after trying those out.

It then worked, to my amazement. and now I'm still playing the game from where I left off.
from my last save.

I didn't wan't to delet anything and didn't. and i'm so glad that I didn't.
but everything is now working for me.
and I have so many Bat files in the fallout 4 main folder.
I was thinking sould I delet those, but I didn't have too.
All I did was as they said to do.
hey! I have 131 mods all turned on. and now all of them works.
MY GAME IS SAVED FROM DISASTER. thanks to following what they said.

Rioplats wrote: I found out that currently any non updated UI mods such as Pleasant UI cause CTDs on loading saves. Uninstalling them seemed to do the trick. I don't think simply disabling them works; the files regarding the UI have to be removed from the Fallout 4 folder.
If not that, then other mods which edit the base game files may be the problem. I'm not sure if that extends to string edits such as Full Dialogue. Esps which only add content shouldn't be at fault.
MechaReptar wrote: @Misshalcyon
After reinstalling, I added every mod back, ran NMM, deleted the Archive section from the Fallout4Custom ini, add the STRING\, ... (Like Major said), and I seem to have solved it. Not anything i didn't do before, except reinstalling. CTD on menu stopped after deleting the Archive section. I didn't reinstall Creation Kit, but i doubt that was it either. Gonna try my saves on survival (it bumped me to Very Hard) and test. I'll let you know if i run into anything else.

Im also using my old Fallout4.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini with the added String line.
misshalcyon wrote: @soulgamers I updated NMM today as well and that hasn't solved the issue for me, sadly. I'm glad it worked for you though!

@MechaReptar I've done all of that, and still none of it works. I'm afraid that whatever is causing my issue will likely not be fixed until I just do a fresh reinstall. It's frustrating, but honestly this might just be the sign that it's time I take a break from the game as a whole. I'll give a shot again in the future, hopefully once all of this has settled down. Glad you were able to get your game working though! :)

Hi MechaReptar
I'm glad to see you have the game working for you at long last.
I hope all goes well for you.
-------------------------------
and misshalcyon
keep up your hopes. but it's funny why this did not wrok for you.:unsure:
Edited by soulgamers

In response to post #37135690. #37135865, #37142420, #37145675, #37149115 are all replies on the same post.

MajorDick wrote: For those getting CTDs (Crash To Desktop) with saved games after the latest patch (1.5.157.0), and you are using DEF_UI, you need to installed the DEF_HUD_15147patch

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10654/?tab=2&navtag=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D10654&pUp=1

After the latest FO4 patch (1.5.157.0) that dropped today, I received continuous CTDs trying to load saved games. I tried numerous things; disabling mods, etc., but nothing worked until I loaded DEF_HUD_15147patch, and it worked on the first try. Although it says it is for 1.5.147, it worked with 1.5.157.0.

I am off and playing again from my latest save without any issues so far.

I hope that helps everyone.
Outlander3734 wrote: If anybody is still having issues even after this, you need to change back to doing Archive Invalidation the old way. Remember when you needed to add:

, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\, VIDEO\

To the end of:

SResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

under [Archive] in Fallout4.ini ? Well now you need to do that again. Remove bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and your Fallout4Custom.ini, too. Everything should load at that point.
dimysama wrote: thank you outlander i was going crazy that most mods were not working, you just saved me
:armscrossed: oh my god. it works now.

I did what MajorDick and Outlander3734 said.
and all my mods load in and the game works fine. I CTD every time but not now.

But first I had to Update NMM. or nothing worked.

so thanks to all of you for saving my game. :thumbsup: and blast the Bethesda silly updating.:verymad:

I'll just add. I have 131 mods all turned on and from Nexus.
and they now all are working.
TheBritishMelon wrote: This worked, thank you MajorDick and OutLander! c: <3

Despite not having the DEF UI mod AT ALL, getting the patch and such somehow fixed everything xD Thanks again!

Tried changing back to the old ini settings, and still wouldnt load up. Installed Def_UI and patched it...
Did not have Def_UI beforehand i might add..
Everything working fine again..
Thank you all!!

Don't know if it was both together or just Def_UI. DEF-UI tells you in the "read me" do the binvalidatefiles=1 etc, etc... but I left them as Outlander3734 said.

In response to post #37122340. #37125520, #37125625, #37128230, #37129135, #37130600, #37131280, #37133850, #37133965, #37134270 are all replies on the same post.

LiamYule1996 wrote: None of my mods work anymore after doing the beta update :(

My saves launch when archive invalidation is off but the game crashes upon loading a save if that is enabled.

Even with no mods installed but archive invalidation/enable plugins changes made it crashes.

I have tried re-installing fallout 4 also.
izon87604 wrote: getting this too. mods work if they are just esps but not if they add textures etc.
LiamYule1996 wrote: yeah, i have narrowed it down to an issue with Invalidate archives - with that active nothing works.
izon87604 wrote: my custom ini doesnt even get generated anymore. so i wonder whether they completely removed that function
loadofbs9 wrote: Yeah same :(
Grimsonius wrote: Archive invalidation works for me with all mesh/texture/sound replacement mods.

But I had to remove interface replacement mods like "no dotdotdot", these caused CTDs upon starting/loading save games!
LiamYule1996 wrote: Once it updated it worked - but now its broken upon re-launching the game
izon87604 wrote: thanks i will remove these
izon87604 wrote: cheers for this. it does work if you disable any UI mods
EyonRaki wrote: I get it working by disqbling DEF_UI, gold kit for color pipboy.
I also kept the [archive] thing in custom.ini
Third thing is when your mods are to your liking in NMM, check your plugins.ini ( in appdata). Should have a * in front of each line.
IF it doesn't try to disable and enable the first mob you have in NMM, it should paste a * in front of each mods activated (close your plugins.ini txt before doing this). Recheck the plugins.ini file
should work.

I just add that some UI mods work
for example: zoom out extended for world map works
value per weight works
a realistically weightless colored sorting mod works
better armor and weapon naming and sorting works too
configurable new dialog english version works
finally, satellite world map works

all i've tested so far :) good luck

DEF_UI Does have a patch. It's an optional on it's page.

Can I also add, before opting into the 1.5 when it was beta (to use the beta ck), I made sure that I had exported my load order as a .txt file, and kept it handy, as it was reported to us all a while back that the new updates would deactivate all mods.

When I started using the updated version, as expected - my mods deactivated, and so I simply imported my mod load order back, via NMM, and watched the mod manager (rather hypnotically) enabling all of my mods. Since doing that I have never needed to re-enable the mods in the NMM. I believe using the exporting / importing load order function was the reason. I might be wrong but all the same.

In response to post #37140225. #37143450 is also a reply to the same post.

Ornstein0 wrote: CTD about 7 seconds into the main menu loading. My game already gave me trouble,i had to relaunch f4se over and over through nmm and eventually it would work. now, it never works. 2 steps forward 1 step back.
KotovChaos wrote: I don't use f4se yet, but I believe I read that the current Fallout version isn't compatible with it just yet. They were talking about it in the post section of SKE.

They have a beta version out for 1.5, but even then with the normal f4se version downloaded it gave me s#*&#33;. My game is such a mess, but i dont want to have to restart with everything. This update just made it worse lmao

In response to post #37152615.

RaffTheSweetling wrote: Can I also add, before opting into the 1.5 when it was beta (to use the beta ck), I made sure that I had exported my load order as a .txt file, and kept it handy, as it was reported to us all a while back that the new updates would deactivate all mods.
When I started using the updated version, as expected - my mods deactivated, and so I simply imported my mod load order back, via NMM, and watched the mod manager (rather hypnotically) enabling all of my mods. Since doing that I have never needed to re-enable the mods in the NMM. I believe using the exporting / importing load order function was the reason. I might be wrong but all the same.

All mods are deactivated once I install new mods or edit mods through FO4edit, which is really painful to reactivate everytime in case like me who have a very long mod list:( Edited by meigong119