Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37146835. #37149335, #37149555, #37150540, #37163415, #37165000, #37165830, #37166020, #37166905, #37169290, #37171425, #37173420, #37173595 are all replies on the same post.

RustyXXL wrote: According to hlp in the fo4edit comments section ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/? ) the way nmm handels the plugin.txt in 1.5.157 is still wrong. He did test, and according to his results, the game loads the dlcs after all other esms, if the 3 master files aren't listed in the plugins.txt.
Just thought, I'd leave that bit of information here.
DevynDaBeast wrote: This is happening to me right now. When I look at NMM it is saying that all my plugins are active including my dlcs but LOOT is saying otherwise. It says that the dlcs are not active and I have not the slightest idea on how to fix this issue.
RustyXXL wrote: make your loadorder and when done, close nmm. now open %appdata%\..\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt (assuming you are on win7/8/10) and replace

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.

with

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

(assuming you have both dlcs. Close and don't start nmm again. Start anything else without nmm. If you start nmm again you will have to do these changes again, as nmm will remove those changes
Note: make sure loot can handle the plugin.txt correctly, I really have no idea if it does. I don't use loot for fo4 atm.
Deborah40 wrote: Since the update the DLC's are not managed the same way as mods anymore. They cannot be disabled through the mod manager, at least through the method used previously. It's likely the game looks at them differently as well. Ignore the warnings in loot, it's a failure on loot to recognize they're actually active. Loot will still work for the sorting, however.
RustyXXL wrote: Actually they are, according to the source I provided above.
It's basically saying, if you look at the savegames, when the 3 bethesda masters aren't listed in the plugins.txt, the game loads the files in the following order:

Fallout4.esm
<all other esms according to your loadorder>
<the 2 DLC esms>
<your esps, according to your loadorder>

Which is the wrong order and can be the cause for ctds, or mods not working properly in other ways, as the official dlcs might overwrite their changes.
When you put the 3 lines about the official esms in the loadorder in the savegame becomes

<all esms according to your loadorder>
<all esps according to your loadorder>
tat2atco wrote: So what you are saying is DO NOT start the game through NMM after enabling plug-ins?
RustyXXL wrote: Yes, and additionally modify the plugins.txt as pointed out above after editing your loadorder with nmm.
DarkHorizon1905 wrote: OK. Activating mods is working vor me now but in mods like homemaker a lod of objects dont show. theire invisible... It seems like that happens with all mods that add new textures/Objects.
RustyXXL wrote: Make sure you did the edits to your ini that enable loose file loading
DarkHorizon1905 wrote: Loos File Loading?
Sertith wrote: Hey so adding
*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

to my plugins.txt file made it so I at least don't get CTD at the start, but it's still CTDing once I load a save. Any ideas for that?
xTLRxPrototype wrote: OMG IM HAVING THIS EXACT SAME ISSUE TO PLEASE GET BACK TO ME IF U FIND A FIX!

Shooting your PC might do it.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So all I want to know is how do we activate and deactivate mods if you do not use NMM (basically old school where we had to install everything manually like morrowind times). I tried that besthesda.net mod option but when I press t for the load order nothing shows up, I even installed a mod from their thing and still nothing.... My saves CTD so I have to start new games, I manually put the * in the plugin.txt and set it to read otherwise CTD, but even with all mos with the * some of them don't show up like wasteland fashion which is a outfit mod, I have other outfit mods that work though :s Im very confused, will this last forever? Or is bethesda.net in beta phase?

All I want is to be able to tick mods on and off thats all :(

Edited by scot

In response to post #37146835. #37149335, #37149555, #37150540, #37163415, #37165000, #37165830, #37166020, #37166905, #37169290, #37171425, #37173420, #37173595, #37174000 are all replies on the same post.

RustyXXL wrote: According to hlp in the fo4edit comments section ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/? ) the way nmm handels the plugin.txt in 1.5.157 is still wrong. He did test, and according to his results, the game loads the dlcs after all other esms, if the 3 master files aren't listed in the plugins.txt.
DevynDaBeast wrote: This is happening to me right now. When I look at NMM it is saying that all my plugins are active including my dlcs but LOOT is saying otherwise. It says that the dlcs are not active and I have not the slightest idea on how to fix this issue.
RustyXXL wrote: make your loadorder and when done, close nmm. now open %appdata%\..\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt (assuming you are on win7/8/10) and replace

with

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

(assuming you have both dlcs. Close and don't start nmm again. Start anything else without nmm. If you start nmm again you will have to do these changes again, as nmm will remove those changes
Note: make sure loot can handle the plugin.txt correctly, I really have no idea if it does. I don't use loot for fo4 atm.
Deborah40 wrote: Since the update the DLC's are not managed the same way as mods anymore. They cannot be disabled through the mod manager, at least through the method used previously. It's likely the game looks at them differently as well. Ignore the warnings in loot, it's a failure on loot to recognize they're actually active. Loot will still work for the sorting, however.
It's basically saying, if you look at the savegames, when the 3 bethesda masters aren't listed in the plugins.txt, the game loads the files in the following order:

Fallout4.esm
<the 2 DLC esms>

Which is the wrong order and can be the cause for ctds, or mods not working properly in other ways, as the official dlcs might overwrite their changes.
When you put the 3 lines about the official esms in the loadorder in the savegame becomes

tat2atco wrote: So what you are saying is DO NOT start the game through NMM after enabling plug-ins?
RustyXXL wrote: Yes, and additionally modify the plugins.txt as pointed out above after editing your loadorder with nmm.
DarkHorizon1905 wrote: OK. Activating mods is working vor me now but in mods like homemaker a lod of objects dont show. theire invisible... It seems like that happens with all mods that add new textures/Objects.
RustyXXL wrote: Make sure you did the edits to your ini that enable loose file loading
*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

to my plugins.txt file made it so I at least don't get CTD at the start, but it's still CTDing once I load a save. Any ideas for that?
xTLRxPrototype wrote: OMG IM HAVING THIS EXACT SAME ISSUE TO PLEASE GET BACK TO ME IF U FIND A FIX!
Sertith wrote: Shooting your PC might do it.

I fixed my problems with CTDs while loading older saves by updating or removing UI mods. It appears that the 1.5 update have some problems with UI mods for older game versions (DEF_HUD and Pleasant UI in my case). Edited by 91rulz

In response to post #37146835. #37149335, #37149555, #37150540, #37163415, #37165000, #37165830, #37166020, #37166905, #37169290, #37171425, #37173420, #37173595, #37174000, #37174920 are all replies on the same post.

with

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

Fallout4.esm
<the 2 DLC esms>

*Fallout4.esm
*DLCRobot.esm
*DLCworkshop01.esm

Sertith wrote: Shooting your PC might do it.
91rulz wrote: I fixed my problems with CTDs while loading older saves by updating or removing UI mods. It appears that the 1.5 update have some problems with UI mods for older game versions (DEF_HUD and Pleasant UI in my case).

Most likely an outdated mod.Anything modifying the UI are the first suspects that would need an update.

In response to post #37135690. #37135865, #37142420, #37145675, #37149115, #37151315, #37153915 are all replies on the same post.

MajorDick wrote: For those getting CTDs (Crash To Desktop) with saved games after the latest patch (1.5.157.0), and you are using DEF_UI, you need to installed the DEF_HUD_15147patch

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10654/?tab=2&navtag=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D10654&pUp=1

After the latest FO4 patch (1.5.157.0) that dropped today, I received continuous CTDs trying to load saved games. I tried numerous things; disabling mods, etc., but nothing worked until I loaded DEF_HUD_15147patch, and it worked on the first try. Although it says it is for 1.5.147, it worked with 1.5.157.0.

I am off and playing again from my latest save without any issues so far.

I hope that helps everyone.
Outlander3734 wrote: If anybody is still having issues even after this, you need to change back to doing Archive Invalidation the old way. Remember when you needed to add:

, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\, VIDEO\

To the end of:

SResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

under [Archive] in Fallout4.ini ? Well now you need to do that again. Remove bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and your Fallout4Custom.ini, too. Everything should load at that point.
dimysama wrote: thank you outlander i was going crazy that most mods were not working, you just saved me
soulgamers wrote: Hi
:armscrossed: oh my god. it works now.

I did what MajorDick and Outlander3734 said.
and all my mods load in and the game works fine. I CTD every time but not now.

But first I had to Update NMM. or nothing worked.

so thanks to all of you for saving my game. :thumbsup: and blast the Bethesda silly updating.:verymad:

I'll just add. I have 131 mods all turned on and from Nexus.
and they now all are working.
TheBritishMelon wrote: This worked, thank you MajorDick and OutLander! c: <3

Despite not having the DEF UI mod AT ALL, getting the patch and such somehow fixed everything xD Thanks again!
Trrafide wrote: Tried changing back to the old ini settings, and still wouldnt load up. Installed Def_UI and patched it...
Did not have Def_UI beforehand i might add..
Everything working fine again..
Thank you all!!

Don't know if it was both together or just Def_UI. DEF-UI tells you in the "read me" do the binvalidatefiles=1 etc, etc... but I left them as Outlander3734 said.
gammagamma12 wrote: I did what Trrafide did and got mine to stop CTD-ing on game load.

Praise your knowledge and awesomeness MajorDick and Outlander3734

Im back in the wasteland kicking aft and taking names thanks to you guys!

This is what worked for me so far.

In response to post #37165150. #37171315 is also a reply to the same post.

stalkzoid wrote: WHEN I AM CHANGING MY LOAD ORDER AROUND IN NMM,, ALL OF A SUDDEN ALL THE PLUGGINS LOSE THEIR TICKS/ DISSABLED THEN I HAVE TO GO BACK AND CHECK THEM OFF AGAIN... IS THIS HAPPENING TO ANYONE ELSE
eddieeddieeddie wrote: yep and nmm not telling theres updates for mods, click the update tap and runs but dont catch new updates....there was so many updates for mods i have installed today but nmm didnt show updates

I have noticed this as well, NMM is not showing updates to mods

been fighting this for about 5 hours now, along with several hours yesterday since the update.

nothing works.

mods always unchecked whenever i restart NMM. yes, its the most current version.

game never acknowledges any mods are present, active or not.

i'm tired of it, i give up. i'll just wait for far harbor to come out, hopefully by then someone will have figured it out.