Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37181465.

bben46 wrote:

Def-UI and Valdicil item sorting both have updated versions that work fine for me. I'm not familiar with Pleasant UI

I have not made any changes to the ini files.

I found that installing the patch for Def-UI fixed the problem for me. Still need to test it in regard to whether it will CTD as i play, but at least I can now load an existing save which I wasn't able to before. This also fixed the same problem for my wife.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37179945. #37180065, #37187110, #37187155, #37187485, #37187870, #37188675, #37188720, #37188775, #37189305, #37189815, #37189895 are all replies on the same post.

bben46 wrote:

Answer to: Mods being disabled every time - or asterisks being removed. Same thing. You need to set your plugins.txt file to read only AFTER activating all of your mods, (Activating the mods in NMM puts in the asterisks for you)

To find the plugins.txt C:\users\Your user name\Appdata\Local\Fallout4\ Right click,on plugins.txt, left click on Properties and put a check in the box that says read only then click apply and then OK

krwada wrote: I tried this ... The game still does NOT recognize that there are MODS installed. It runs OK, but NO MODS!

Version 1.4 did not have this problem.

I wish I could roll 1.5 back to 1.4

I cannot do this... or at least, I do not know how to do this.
TylersInsanity wrote: I'm having the same problem. I usually know how to handle modding issues but right now I'm at a loss.
scarab77 wrote: Negative. This does not appear to work at all.
MorganEriksson1 wrote: i tried it and it kinda works still gives me the theres content that can not be blah blah but it dosen't say any mods names only a # or something but i load it and it works but everytime i start nmm i need to do the same thing again it hasen't been like this before nmm always did it for me i am also getting fps drops now witch i haven't got before even with ultra settings andd also for people how dont find the appdata folder try to type this in the windows search bar %localappdata%\Fallout4 it works for me could not find the C:\users\Your user name\Appdata\Local\Fallout4\
cormell wrote: Where's appdata? Must be in a different place in Windows 7 Can't find plugins.txt either.

Thanks Morgan. I should have read all of the 379 posts. lol

RaffTheSweetling wrote: appdata is exactly where described by bben46. On my computer it is in C:\users\Administrator\Appdata\Local\Fallout4\

Inside this folder I currently have:

DLCList.txt
loadorder.nmm.bak
loadorder.txt
Plugins.fo4viewsettings
plugins.nmm.bak
plugins.txt

(edit - sorry for confusing some names in earlier edit of this post.)
VulpineWolf wrote: @cormell
It's a hidden folder, you can get there by going to %appdata%.
Basil_oz wrote: The appdata directory & plugins.txt file are hidden on a lot of systems. You need turn your options to "show hidden folders/files" in the control panel. Best to google this to find out how to do it on your system.
bubinga64 wrote: Just to help, on my system Windows 10 automatically undoes the changes for whatever reason even after saving. Once you asterisk the plugin names, save, close and reopen to make sure it stays.

I have to copy the file, make the changes, then overwrite the original file for the changes to stick. I'm not sure of the root cause. I've had odd problems with win10 since it launched. It also borks the NMM config file on me every time win10 updates so I have to go in and delete that just to get NMM to open. NMM makes a new one when you delete it.
rayhne wrote: I activate all my mods through NMM and it always removes the *.
bubinga64 wrote: Question to bben46,

NMM has prompted me every time if I would like to allow it to set the file to r/w instead of read only while NMM is active. I haven't verified that it actually works because I've been manually managing the plugin.txt file. Is that a beta option that doesn't work yet? I'm asking due to your post.

Happened to me, turns out I needed to update my F4SE Version to 1.13 . The F4SELoader.exe starts the game before the Fallout4launcher.exe has a chance.

http://f4se.silverlock.org/ Edited by Claysson2

In response to post #37188950. #37189485 is also a reply to the same post.

RaffTheSweetling wrote: A quick question regarding nmm disabling mods - I know nmm disables all of our mods when the new update is initially added, it happened to me too and I used my 'import load order' to set it straight, but does the problem of nmm re-disabling mods happen after installing any new mods? or is it happening to players regardless of not adding new mods since this update rolled out?

Hopefully my question makes sense.

I am asking because I haven't had this happen to me yet, but I have not yet added new mods via nmm since this fiasco began, and am incredibly reluctant to do so for that reason.

Could someone clarify this so that I can keep adding mods, or so I can know to keep waiting. Cheers!

NoSkoolThrasher wrote: I installed a mod and that immediately caused NMM to disable everything, not sure if anyone else is having this problem.

That clinches it then; I'm not adding one single mod until this is fixed.

In response to post #37188950. #37189485, #37191705, #37192780 are all replies on the same post.

RaffTheSweetling wrote: A quick question regarding nmm disabling mods - I know nmm disables all of our mods when the new update is initially added, it happened to me too and I used my 'import load order' to set it straight, but does the problem of nmm re-disabling mods happen after installing any new mods? or is it happening to players regardless of not adding new mods since this update rolled out?

I am asking because I haven't had this happen to me yet, but I have not yet added new mods via nmm since this fiasco began, and am incredibly reluctant to do so for that reason.

Could someone clarify this so that I can keep adding mods, or so I can know to keep waiting. Cheers!

NoSkoolThrasher wrote: I installed a mod and that immediately caused NMM to disable everything, not sure if anyone else is having this problem.
RaffTheSweetling wrote: That clinches it then; I'm not adding one single mod until this is fixed.
vlaka wrote: it continues to disable mods and often crashes when moving newly installed mods through your load order.
This is beyond frustrating.

In regard to new mods, I have installed six mods (two new and four updates) since the v1.5 update. In no case did NMM disable anything. However, after installing a plugin, I did have to take the following extra steps to ensure that the new and/or updated mods appear properly in the now infamous "Plugins.txt" file.

1. Open the NMM plugins tab to verify that all boxes are checked.

2. If any or all are unchecked, click on the green check mark icon in the left margin to re-enable the unchecked plugins.

3. Export the load order and save as a text file (use the export tab in the left margin).

4. Disable all plugins by clicking on the red circle icon.

5. Import the new load order that you saved in step 3 (use the import tab in the left margin). The importing process should place check marks in all the empty boxes.

6. Check the "Plugins.txt" file to see if the above changes have been registered and to determine if all plugins are prefaced by an asterisk. (I created a shortcut to this file so that I could quickly inspect it.) If all is well, then close the file and play your game.

7. If the plugins and load order do not match the plugins and load order in the NMM plugins tab, then once again disable all plugins in NMM by clicking on the red circle icon.

8. Then re-enable all plugins by clicking on the green check mark icon.

9. Return to the "Plugins.txt" file. You should find that everything now aligns with the plugins and load order in your NMM plugins tab and that all plugins are prefaced by an asterisk. Close the file and play your game.

This procedure has worked in every case for me. Whether it will work for anybody else, I don't know. But I sincerely hope that it will work.

Furthermore, I do not have to repeat this procedure every time I open NMM because of disabled plugins. Except for the initial disabling after the v1.5 update, I have not had a single instance where NMM disabled my plugins when I opened it. I need to use this procedure only when installing mods or manually adjusting the load order.

Good luck!

Edited by Augusta Calidia

In response to post #37188950. #37189485, #37191705, #37192225 are all replies on the same post.

RaffTheSweetling wrote: That clinches it then; I'm not adding one single mod until this is fixed.
Augusta Calidia wrote: In regard to new mods, I have installed six mods (two new and four updates) since the v1.5 update. In no case did NMM disable anything. However, after installing a plugin, I did have to take the following extra steps to ensure that the new and/or updated mods appear properly in the now infamous "Plugins.txt" file.

1. Open the NMM plugins tab to verify that all boxes are checked.

2. If any or all are unchecked, click on the green check mark icon in the left margin to re-enable the unchecked plugins.

3. Export the load order and save as a text file (use the export tab in the left margin).

4. Disable all plugins by clicking on the red circle icon.

5. Import the new load order that you saved in step 3 (use the import tab in the left margin). The importing process should place check marks in all the empty boxes.

6. Check the "Plugins.txt" file to see if it the above changes have been registered and to determine if all plugins are prefaced by an asterisk. (I created a shortcut to this file so that I could quickly inspect it.)

7. If the plugins and load order do not match the plugins and load order in the NMM plugins tab, then disable all plugins in NMM by clicking on the red circle icon.

8. Then re-enable all plugins by clicking on the green check mark icon.

9. Return to the "Plugins.txt" file to find that everything now aligns with the plugins and load order in your NMM plugins tab and that all plugins are prefaced by an asterisk.

This procedure has worked in every case for me. Whether it will work for you (or anybody else, for that matter), I don't know. But I sincerely hope that it will work for you.

Furthermore, I do not have to repeat this procedure every time I open NMM. I have not had a single instance where NMM disabled my plugins when I opened it. I use this procedure only when installing mods or manually adjusting the load order.

Good luck!

it continues to disable mods and often crashes when moving newly installed mods through your load order.
This is beyond frustrating.

In response to post #37189270.

Natterforme wrote: Anyone else notice that the number of images being uploaded has dropped significantly from the regular pace with the update? Everyone is too busy trying to overcome this hurtle to have fun and play the game and take SSs! XD

-Natterforme

haha :(

In response to post #37187570.

ravernware wrote: Nice to see a couple of fixes are already out there. Tho I still have steam in offline mode so the latest update has not been downloaded to my rig (yet). I recommend everytime there is an update in beta and you are not going to be part of the testing to put steam offline. Then when the update goes live you can see what issues it caused and wait for a solution before getting all frustrated. Just an idea.

A very GOOD idea indeed Lol I set [in properties setting] -

"to only update this game when I launch it"

and then when I notice one's ready to pop.. offline I go -

Until the f4se team gets a chance to do their magic, while also humbly waiting [patiently] for the pantheon of modding gods to s#*! rainbows of glorious updates at their well-deserved leisure.

Its hard to witness all the comments in most threads -

about b.s. this and b.s that..

When its all completely avoidable.

Mods aren't risky but they can be complicated.

That's why forums like this exist.

Read, read and then read some more.

Then test. At your own risk Motha Fukkers Edited by Guest