Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

So all my mods work and have been fine, but i keep getting CTD within a minute of loading my save.

This seems to have started after getting a few mods from the Bethesda list. I managed to start up and kill a crazy Ethereal Deathclaw Boss from a new Beth mod just fine, but now wherever i go i CTD. :(

and im pretty sure i have no mods effecting UI

Edited by RobtamisPrime

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I freshly installed Fallout 4 last night, tested it today ran perfect w/o mods, bc i tried alll day yesterday to play and couldn't due to CTD upon load or new game.

Gonna try to remove some mods and keep mods i really like (hair, armor and face mods) and see what happens.

I just deleted all 308 of my mods, like i mean completely removed from my PC (Even Cleared my Recycle Bin) and this game still crashes... I went into the data files, verified cache, u name it, i did it. I was able to get into the main menu before but i just couldnt load a new game or a previous save. Now that I uninstalled all my mods, i cant even make it into the main menu.

In response to post #37268545.

xTLRxPrototype wrote: I just deleted all 308 of my mods, like i mean completely removed from my PC (Even Cleared my Recycle Bin) and this game still crashes... I went into the data files, verified cache, u name it, i did it. I was able to get into the main menu before but i just couldnt load a new game or a previous save. Now that I uninstalled all my mods, i cant even make it into the main menu.

I had a similar issue some days ago, turns out that NMM deleted some files in my STRINGS folder, u might wanna double check it and see if it's all there

In response to post #37260010.

FallenAngel460 wrote: When I try to add * to the file names it says "A file name can't contain any of the following characteristics" * being one of them and I can't figure out how to fix this. Help please?

UPDATE: Nevermind, found a fix. For anyone still having trouble, even after the NMM update like me, start up the game, go to mods, click "Load Order" and select the mods you'd like to load. Go back and exit out of the mods, hit okay with the box that pops up, everything will reload then start playing the game. Everything should be there.

But it's really exhausting everytime I want to play to click one by one 224 mods uff - I decided to cut off the game from the internet connection and good luck I still had the former NMM and game versions...reloaded and works again ...UFF
Pity that there's no "NO UPDATES" button on steam...
If the thing goes out of Beta and there will be prooves that it works well maybe then I will update ... Edited by DeCazeville

In response to post #37254995.

Yamayashi wrote: Ok I have a strange problem, I updated NMM and Fallout 4, and have all dlc. Every time I play the game, it gives me this message "there is new downloadable content, do you want to enable them?"
I click yes but it just restarts the game without going to desktop then says the same thing like nothing happened..

Bethesda wants you (all of us) to create Bethesda.net accounts so they can send us spam. I am at the same rock and a hard place. I did everything yatz (stop screwing with my UI) suggested and it now appears I have to creat a Bethesda.net account to enable the mods downloaded to NMM. Bethesda really sucks right now. GEERRR!!!! Not a happy camper.

In response to post #37233185. #37233780, #37234860, #37235730, #37236685, #37243285, #37252165 are all replies on the same post.

ravernware wrote: ouch!! Anyone else using Bethesda.net for mod management? I am def NOT installing the latest update until all this dust settles. Hmmph.
jdaacv wrote: May you explain?
ravernware wrote: I do not need the drama. Therefore steam will be offline until this latest 'Bethesda: we love you modders' update screw up is sorted out. Ergo.. no more buying games via steam. I will buy direct or from other sites. Besides.. I have been finding FO4 rather boring so far anyway. These latest update issues certainly do not help. Remember...Bethesda stated they want to support the modding community. Could it be if only the modders post exclusively to Bethesda.net???? But then other posts seem to indicate even their mod manager is messed up. WTF over?
Plus I wanna give the modders some time to really create, provided their works will be allowed to actually work.
So again.. HMMPH! ;(
ZombieArron wrote: Unfortunately, This is the process of getting everything to play nicely together. Beth has been cool with what we do to their games. They also see that its becoming more mainstream and they, like any smart company, want to be a part of it too. The bad thing about this is that Nexus has to dance around them, Bethesda isn't gonna go out of their way just to satisfy us; they also have their cashco- i mean, console players to worry about. They have their priorities and almost leave us to our devices.
ravernware wrote: ZombieArron.. You are so right. Consoles.. my PS3 has like 2 inches of dust on it (it was a gift, bleh).
But consoles are were the corporate money is at.
Yet imo no console will ever match the gaming power of a PC. Never.
PC forever!! Nexus Forever!! Ravernware out (drops mike ala the Pres did tonight at the WHCD).
whawahhh wrote: I just used the bethesda.net to enable my mods took like a minute to make an account, just your basic username and password shiz, then while in game there's a mods section in the main menu now and you just enable your mods from there, or of course if you don't want to use bethesda.net you can just add an asterisk to your mods in your plugins file. there just giving console players a way to enable mods and a place to download mods, it's not really for pc players and i don't see how it would effect nexusmods.
Ludaus wrote: I'm still using mods via NMM. I just updated it and everything works like before. I don't even have a Beth.net account

PC players don't have a choice, everyone has to use 1.5 cause its locked to steam.

In response to post #37254995. #37272690 is also a reply to the same post.

Yamayashi wrote: Ok I have a strange problem, I updated NMM and Fallout 4, and have all dlc. Every time I play the game, it gives me this message "there is new downloadable content, do you want to enable them?"
I click yes but it just restarts the game without going to desktop then says the same thing like nothing happened..
ravernware wrote: Bethesda wants you (all of us) to create Bethesda.net accounts so they can send us spam. I am at the same rock and a hard place. I did everything yatz (stop screwing with my UI) suggested and it now appears I have to creat a Bethesda.net account to enable the mods downloaded to NMM. Bethesda really sucks right now. GEERRR!!!! Not a happy camper.

what spam? only emails I got from bethesda is account create and account verified thats it

ok.. I placed steam online and updated to the latest version about an hour ago. After seeing what most of you went through, my game and NMM installed mods now work and they are no longer being deactivated in NMM.

Here is what I did:

Follow yatz's instructions http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12772/? Kudos to him.

Update to the lastest F4se (www.f4se.silverlock.org)

Create a Bethesda.net account

start the game using the Bethesda starter (not via NMM)

select mods, login to Bethesda.net, activate you NMM installed mods.

Play, create a new save (important!). I noticed that for me the update wiped out all saves except the most recent, which suks.

exit game

restart using NMM (I start using F4SE), and all my plugins were enabled. No crash, the NMM mods were there.

I seriously hope this works for any of you still having problems. =) Going to endorse yatz's contribution now.

Edited by ravernware