Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37299430. #37310900, #37329405 are all replies on the same post.

eddieeddieeddie wrote: i dont have any problem with the new updates or loot or f4se or mods....my problem is nmm isnt showing if there are updates for mods....click the check for updates and it runs in nmm ....and after checking for updates nmm dont show if there really is any updates....ill scroll down the list of installed mods and go to there nexus page and theres a new update for mods i have installed...thats the only problem im having and have tried clicking get mods missing id's as well....anybody know how to fix this?
rayhne wrote: My guess is that it won't be fixed until the next update of NMM. I go check New Recently list daily to see if any mods I use are listed.
eddieeddieeddie wrote: thanks for the comment, thats what ive been doing checking the " added today" and "new recently" list, or open nmm and go down the list and open the mods page and look....130 mods installed at the moment.

Still an issue in 0.61.21

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #37299430. #37310900, #37329405, #37347555 are all replies on the same post.

eddieeddieeddie wrote: i dont have any problem with the new updates or loot or f4se or mods....my problem is nmm isnt showing if there are updates for mods....click the check for updates and it runs in nmm ....and after checking for updates nmm dont show if there really is any updates....ill scroll down the list of installed mods and go to there nexus page and theres a new update for mods i have installed...thats the only problem im having and have tried clicking get mods missing id's as well....anybody know how to fix this?
rayhne wrote: My guess is that it won't be fixed until the next update of NMM. I go check New Recently list daily to see if any mods I use are listed.
eddieeddieeddie wrote: thanks for the comment, thats what ive been doing checking the " added today" and "new recently" list, or open nmm and go down the list and open the mods page and look....130 mods installed at the moment.
Atabata wrote: Still an issue in 0.61.21

yep nmm still not showing if there are updates for mods, is everyone having this problem? is there a file or something i can replace that can fix it???other then that everything works great for me

In response to post #37294945. #37344640 is also a reply to the same post.

darthtrevhat wrote: I just got to say, I feel so lucky; I haven’t had much of a problem. I got the usual “Mods missing” message after the update, but I updated the NMM and all is good. I even created a Bethesdanet account after the NMM update and everything is still working. Am I wrong or are most of the major issues being caused by the F4SE?
Apogee777 wrote: same for me, practically no issue whatsoever..
and i have f4se and have had no issue

I didn't have F4SE, and had massive problems. But I've got them sorted now, thankfully.

In response to post #37273765. #37277505, #37278860, #37291885, #37294505, #37298795, #37342925 are all replies on the same post.

ravernware wrote: ok.. I placed steam online and updated to the latest version about an hour ago. After seeing what most of you went through, my game and NMM installed mods now work and they are no longer being deactivated in NMM.
Here is what I did:
Follow yatz's instructions http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12772/? Kudos to him.
Update to the lastest F4se (www.f4se.silverlock.org)
Create a Bethesda.net account
start the game using the Bethesda starter (not via NMM)
select mods, login to Bethesda.net, activate you NMM installed mods.
Play, create a new save (important!). I noticed that for me the update wiped out all saves except the most recent, which suks.
exit game
restart using NMM (I start using F4SE), and all my plugins were enabled. No crash, the NMM mods were there.
I seriously hope this works for any of you still having problems. =) Going to endorse yatz's contribution now.
ff7legend wrote: Doesn't work for me. I noticed that NMM is warning me that certain plug-ins are disabled despite being enabled in NMM. Any attempt to fast travel in-game results in a CTD a split second after loading. Game loads fine from the main menu though. This is driving me up a wall. Thanks Bethesda for breaking the game with the 1.5 update. What a disaster.

Update: Disabling the Steam Overlay fixed my CTD on fast travel issue. Have no idea why the Steam Overlay would cause a CTD on fast travel but at least the issue is gone.
ravernware wrote: yea.. disable just about everything steam related like that. A couple years back we were advised to disable the steam cloud too. Go figure eh?
Eruadur wrote: Bethesda did NOT break the game with the 1.5 update. Lies and slander!!

Some mods have issues, update where necessary or delete and wait for update.
All in all: the game works fine
:)
Sertith wrote: Bethesda DID break the Game. Even my vanilla game was broken. I can't load saves, or start new games.
ff7legend wrote: For whatever reason, the game is adding a duplicate Fallout4.esm entry to my Plug-ins.txt file. Setting it to Read Only will hopefully fix this issue. My issue is a CTD on fast travel a split second after loading. This did not happen before the 1.5 update. Everything was working as it should before the 1.5 update on my end. Also, the game seems fit to load some of my .esm mods above the official .esms (Fallout4.esm, DLCRobot.esm, & DLCworkshop01.esm) automatically for whatever reason despite me having those loaded after the official .esms.
Eruadur wrote: @Sertith

As someone mentioned : Documents/My Games/Fallout 4, delete both Fallout4.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini, run steam launcher to generate new ones, worked for me

so, it's not broken, your ini files are broken :biggrin:

@Eruadur
Broken files = broken game... ergo, Bethesda DID break the game. Duh?

And do you honestly think after 5 days of this, I didn't do the basics? You are, I'm sure, trying to be helpful, but be not condescending to people having these problems. Go to the forums, and you'll see how many people are having issues with this update. The FO4 Technical Support forum alone has hundreds of posts about this.

Thankfully I have fixed mine, but just tossing out the basic fixes, seems rude. "Oh you're stupid, clearly you didn't try turning it off and then back on, duh.", gimme a break.

Finally got the game to work without issues, though the update did fry my level 140 character with over 350 hours put into it. Had to re-install Fallout 4 from scratch & make sure all mods were up to date. Once that was finished, I had to disable all plug-ins except for Fallout4.esm & the DLCs. Logged into Bethesda.net & enabled all mods from there. No more CTDs on fast travel for me now. I'm still peeved that Bethesda's broken update system completely fried my previous character (level 140 with over 350 hours poured into her) though. They need to get with the times & stop using outdated coding/scripting for games like Fallout 4. Papyrus & 16 bit integer systems, which date all the way back to Windows 2000, just don't cut it anymore. We're talking the very same game engine/scripting methods being used in Fallout 4 dating back to the release of TESIII: Morrowind folks. Inexcusable & ridiculous. At least I got the game running again & was even able to add additional mods that I didn't have in my previous playthrough that got fried by the update so there is some positives that came out of this ordeal. Edited by ff7legend

In response to post #37336150. #37337275 is also a reply to the same post.

Bottletopman wrote: Is anyone else having an issue where they're stuck in an infinite launcher loop? I've tried swapping/renaming the names of the launcher and exe, tried running the game with admin privileges, verified the game files twice now, deleted the inis to allow the launcher to create new ones, unloaded and even moved my plugins out of the Data folder...not even a restart of steam and the latest F4SE loader changes anything...hopefully bethesda fixes this ASAP...hopefully
booger_t_williams wrote: Happened to me yesterday, and I just had to restart Steam.

It turned out I thought I restarted steam which is completely different from actually restarting steam...

make sure you get enough sleep for the following day

icant send in a bug report cuz it says my password is wrong whil im logged in, but still get this problem, anyway, the NMM isnt working and/or just doesnt start doing its thing, im getting really aggitated because i just wanna play fallout 4 with the mods that i have, is it cuz bethesda is being a jerk with there own launcher now? Edited by RikiRiougy

In response to post #37362510.

RikiRiougy wrote: icant send in a bug report cuz it says my password is wrong whil im logged in, but still get this problem, anyway, the NMM isnt working and/or just doesnt start doing its thing, im getting really aggitated because i just wanna play fallout 4 with the mods that i have, is it cuz bethesda is being a jerk with there own launcher now?

Beth Launcher isnt affecting our mods unless you sign into it and mess with them yourself. Try reinstalling and see if that helps. If that doesnt work, you may have to report it Here

Edited by ZombieArron

In response to post #37357755.

ff7legend wrote: Finally got the game to work without issues, though the update did fry my level 140 character with over 350 hours put into it. Had to re-install Fallout 4 from scratch & make sure all mods were up to date. Once that was finished, I had to disable all plug-ins except for Fallout4.esm & the DLCs. Logged into Bethesda.net & enabled all mods from there. No more CTDs on fast travel for me now. I'm still peeved that Bethesda's broken update system completely fried my previous character (level 140 with over 350 hours poured into her) though. They need to get with the times & stop using outdated coding/scripting for games like Fallout 4. Papyrus & 16 bit integer systems, which date all the way back to Windows 2000, just don't cut it anymore. We're talking the very same game engine/scripting methods being used in Fallout 4 dating back to the release of TESIII: Morrowind folks. Inexcusable & ridiculous. At least I got the game running again & was even able to add additional mods that I didn't have in my previous playthrough that got fried by the update so there is some positives that came out of this ordeal.

Yeah I finally got it to work too.
Though my character didn't get fried, but all my previous saves didn't show up in game, just the last one. The weird thing is that all my saves are still in the save folder.

The main thing is that you HAVE to delete the old ini files and you HAVE to enable all your mods from within Fallout.

It only took like 3 days and about a hundred tries starting the game...

I noticed that if I had the line binvalidateolderfiles=1 in my (new) fallout4.ini the game would crash.