Fix corruption in saved game?

aaron9258

Is there a program, tool, utility that clean corruption say, sudden inaccessible cells from the saved game? Perhaps a list of all current and updated patches (note, one of the patches had a name change)

Heyas Aaron- Sorry to hear that you're having problems like this.

It kinda depends on what damaged it, how badly they are damaged, and possibly some of the measures you already have in place.

If your computer is set up to automatically make backup files, then you can recover the files from the backups. (Assuming that the backups aren't copies containing the corruption).

There are tools that can be used to recover lost/deleted files from drives. File recovery software searches on sites like downloads.com twocows.com majorgeeks.com and other sites where you can DL legitimate freewares and sharewares may turn up some favorable results.

Tho in the cases of some of the shareware progs, you should check out the restrictions on them first. Some will only tell you what files can be recovered, others have a limit on the amount of megs that they will recover, some have limits as to how many files they will recover, and others have a day restriction.

Its been a very long time since I've tried any software like that, so I am afraid I cannot make any particular recommendations. :(

But good luck! :)

-DW

I've only ever had problems a couple of times with corrupted saves. In each case the answer is to go back to a save you KNOW is reliable Of course this can mean going through several saves until you find a save that's uncorrupted, but at that it's better than wiping everything and starting again, since the programme itself is not likely to be corrupted.

By the way, did you alter the name of a patch if you did, that may well be you problem, go back to a save immediately prior to using that patch and re-patch with the correct patch, remember these patches are alterations to the main programme!

First, How does a saved game cause files to disappear in the data folders?

Second, I could go back to the beginning, delete the Save folder, start again. Still as I progress through the game, places I have been within ten minutes from the last time, landscape cells that I past through, doors previously entered, the game stops working. I have many mods (sometimes a few) with no conflicts not even warnings except Betterclothes and COV. I don't know if they are cause or result. All I know is as I progress through game it deteriorates to a point where I can't even leave the building I saved in (I always save indoors). I assumed that this was a common problem and that there is perhaps a way to correct this.