ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Serious flaw with patch 1.5 and the Bethesda.net account

Okogawa

While it's easy to register an account on Bethesda.net and and then login from inside Fallout 4 to "edit loadorder" of mods downloaded from Nexus there is a serious flaw: what happens if you don't have internet access at the moment you want to "edit loadorder" for mods.

I am sure that the game "Fallout 4" somewhere saves the "loadorder" of mods i.e. if they are on or off, but I don't know where to find such a file. The on/off flag is not inside the loadorder.txt or Plugins.txt.

Anyone with any ideas?

The "on/off" flag in plugins.txt is whether or not the mod has a * in front of its name.

loadorder.txt is irrelevant for Fallout 4. That's only for mod managers, and the file will be entirely redundant now that they've changed the main system. Especially once the mod managers get updated to correct for the new system.

Hmm, after "changing loadorder" the mods I downloaded from Nexus work in the game, but when I inspect plugins.txt there is no "marking" ( * ) anywhere. And the worst part is that when I quit Fallout 4 and later play again I have to login and "mark" my Nexus mods again.

Please if possible can you post a short copy of your "plugins.txt" where mods are marked and not marked so I can see some sort of example.

This new system is quite messy to say the least since the in-game mod browsing is quite bad compared to Nexus.

Sure:

*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
Unofficial Scrap Patch.esp

Going just by what the game expects, UFO4P is active and will load with the game. The scrap patch is not active and won't be loaded with the game.

While it's easy to register an account on Bethesda.net and and then login from inside Fallout 4 to "edit loadorder" of mods downloaded from Nexus there is a serious flaw: what happens if you don't have internet access at the moment you want to "edit loadorder" for mods.

Easy? Unfortunately I can't manage to join Bethesda.net. I tried completing the account creation process multiple times and kept getting an error message and told to try again. I'm pretty frustrated, as I can't restore my game to an earlier iteration to re-enable my mods. Anyone else having this problem?