Bash Patch Tweaks Names undo

I'm trying to figure out how to undo Names Tweaks that Bash Patch is able to do. For example, I enable a tweak that sorted my inventory items by renaming them with letters or punctuation before the name and the lore friendly names. I however decided I don't like these changes and unticked everything in the Names Tweaks in Bash Patch. However, some of the names didn't revert back to their original names. I want to know how to get these to revert back to vanilla because I have Severe OCD and can't stand Letters and Punctuation marks in front of my items, and I don't like the "Lore" friendly names.

To recap: I ticked stuff in the Names Tweaks while rebuilding my Bash Patch, Didn't like it, Unticked everything in the Bash Patch and rebuilt the patch, some stuff didn't revert back to the vanilla names. I want to know how to fix this or how Tweaks Names went about changing the names so I can find that file and either remove it or reset it to vanilla.

Just a stab in the dark ... are the items that didn't get 'un-renamed' ones in your player inventory? If so they could be part of a save, and therefore persistent in the game now.

You have probably overlooked the Import Names section. In there are some .csv entries that will import names defined in the appropriate .csv file/s. Uncheck any csv options but keep the esm and esp options checked.

Just a stab in the dark ... are the items that didn't get 'un-renamed' ones in your player inventory? If so they could be part of a save, and therefore persistent in the game now.

That should never happen. The Bashed Patch only patches default Oblivion data, and that data will be reverted to vanilla if the patch is disabled or rebuilt with the patch option disabled.

I don't think that is the case because a lot of my other items returned to there original names.

You have probably overlooked the Import Names section. In there are some .csv entries that will import names defined in the appropriate .csv file/s. Uncheck any csv options but keep the esm and esp options checked.

Right you are, I wouldn't have thought that those .cvs files I checked was what was keeping my names from reverting. Thank you so much.

That should never happen. The Bashed Patch only patches default Oblivion data, and that data will be reverted to vanilla if the patch is disabled or rebuilt with the patch option disabled.

Thanks for the clarification Hickory. Good to see the 'big dog' back, even on an occasional basis (and good to know you've still got my back).

Thanks for the clarification Hickory. Good to see the 'big dog' back, even on an occasional basis (and good to know you've still got my back).

Any time. :thumbsup: