Classic RPGs

Tales was awsome, Faxanadu was also a very early NES RPG but still very good. it was one of the first games to change what u loked like based on what had equiped. Chrono Trigger and FF6 obviously were gods among men. Phantsy Star 1-4 was great. 4 was indeed epic. just be warned, some times your memories dont hold up. jems seem klunky sometimes. definetly Chrono, re-playin it myself now too.

I still have a Faxanadu cartridge. I completed it. At the time I thought it was good. And wished more games were going that route.

One of the other RPGs I have is called swords and serpents. I did complete that as well. I had a note book of squared paper where I had mapped all the levels by hand by the time I finished it. But I had to use a guide book to actually complete the last dungeon. which really annoyed me. Being kinda cryptic and lame about the clues I don't know what they expected out of a 9yr old.

• 4 weeks later...

Shinning Force 1 and 2 for Genesis. Shinning in the Darkness is the precursor and I recommend if you have patience and can draw maps well.

You will find that all games like FF tactics, and the like all rip off the combat system used in Shinning Force, but do so *badly*. Fire emblem comes close, but lacks the rpg elements which makes it less fun.