Cut BOS Ending

Lehcar

In which you could challenge Maxson to a battle of honor, kill him, take his place as Elder of the Brotherhood, and restore Danse's rank.

It is absolutely infuriating that this was cut from the game, I really do not understand why they would do that! Danse actually could have had a happy ending to his personal storyline! But instead I'm forced to keep him stashed on Spectacle Island for the rest of eternity, because if I walk around the commonwealth with him, all the other BOS peeps will try to kill me!

I could see it being possible to restore it via modding, but that would likely prove clunky and complicated. A DLC would be amazing, but somehow, I don't feel hopeful that such a thing will come to pass. All we get so far is horse armor junk.

It would have been nice, and it would have made the Brotherhood a better faction than it is now. I would have loved if we could become Elder, make peace with the Railroad and focus on just attacking the Institute rather than mindlessly wiping out all synths and anyone we thought was in our way. Frankly, perhaps that is why Bethesda decided to limit our choices in this matter so that the faction weight system would not be thrown off-balance.

As it stands, the Brotherhood comes off as a bit callous - to the point where they are only partially more moral than the Institute. And with the Institute, at least you get to be in charge and have control over a teleportation system (valuable in survival mode).

I certainly wouldn't mind an expansion that featured new quests and choices with our factions in the endgame.

Hopefully CK can allow for some fixing of the Danse issue by wiping off the BOS hostility tag from him under certain conditions (say, putting a PA helmet on him - as long as he shuts up, no-one can tell).

Or, for some real modification of quest lines; progress the BOS plotline without having revealing Danse as integral to it. Maybe have multiple copies of the holotape, or take it to the Minutemen first then taking the doctored data back to the BoS (after confronting Danse about it, if you want, at which point he runs off to the bunker and you have that scene again with some minor edits).

Probably because they realised a bunch of Maxson worshiping techno cultists suddenly allowing themselves to be ruled by a synth lover who has killed Maxson, something they consider to be an abomination was silly.

Probably because they realised a bunch of Maxson worshiping techno cultists suddenly allowing themselves to be ruled by a synth lover who has killed Maxson, something they consider to be an abomination was silly.

Not silly at all really. The measure of anyone or thing lies within their actions, and Danse's actions are true to the BOS.

Not silly at all really. The measure of anyone or thing lies within their actions, and Danse's actions are true to the BOS.

The perfect cover for an infiltration unit.

The perfect cover for an infiltration unit.

Yup, all the while he is helping you destroy the Institute and synths.

While I do hope there is a mod that allows more choices for the Danse situation I am glad that they did not include this in the game. It would not have made sense for Danse to go from loyal soldier to advocating the removal of Maxson.

While I do hope there is a mod that allows more choices for the Danse situation I am glad that they did not include this in the game. It would not have made sense for Danse to go from loyal soldier to advocating the removal of Maxson.

Agreed, and given that the Brotherhood has worked to distance itself from the Lyon's Doctrine it would be an about face if these fanatics just accepted such a regime change. That, and the Litany as described by Danse does not sound like something that would have been added into the Codex and then not mentioned until now. It would have been used much earlier, in Fallout 3 by the Outcasts and in Fallout: New Vegas by this one Brotherhood Paladin that also wanted to remove the Elder. Such a clause would make the Brotherhood completely ungovernable because the Elder would now have to worry about trial by combat at all times.

Edited by CyrusAmell

Hmm... Don't get me wrong. A nice, happy Brotherhood of Steel ending, where Paladin Danse lives and retains his rank would be great. Danse was, by far, my favorite companion in the game. However, this whole overly progressive "robots are people too" stance is ridiculous.

I am religious, first off. As am I a huge fan of the Knights Templar. (The religious military order the B.o.S. was largely based on.) It is impossible for me to accept that the concept of building an advanced computer system, and throwing in a few cloned organs could "somewhere along the way" result in a living soul.

When you save Danse, or rather his robotic imitation who, by the way, most likely killed and replaced our beloved Paladin, Maxson gives a very passionate lecture conveying the same mindset. Now, it's not called a brotherhood 'cause it sounds cool. The rest of the faction looked to Maxson as the perfect leader. They follow the same codex, share the same morals, and swore the same oaths.

Killing Maxson would be like killing the Grand Master of the Templar Order. You wouldn't be a hero worthy of leading the Brotherhood. You would be a murderer, who killed the man they all looked up to, in the name of everything they deem unholy.

I don't agree with everything the B.o.S. does in Fallout 4. Namely gouging farmers for crops the scribes could be cultivating themselves. And destroying the entire Institute lab, rather than using the technology down there to benefit the Commonwealth, and the Brotherhood as a whole. But, otherwise, I'd say this is the most morally sound and effective the B.o.S. has ever been at one time.

Personally, I would like to see an alternate ending to Danses' questline that didn't end with his being replaced by a synth. But given that those who actively take part in these types of discussions seem to lean towards the synth fascination, I'm not holding out hope. Oh-well... I know it was rather long winded for a forum post, but there's my two cents. Hopefully someone agrees, and has something to interject.

Edited by NewVegasEnforcer