A few questions about survival mode

Thicketford

I looked around but I can't find definitive answers to these questions.

1. How intrusive are the hunger, thirst and sleep rates at the default timescale? If I find myself having to eat every 15 minutes, I may decrease the timescale.
  2. Is the adrenaline perk given to you automatically or can you choose not to use it? I plan on using a mod that allow me to save anywhere. My concern is that the boost from adrenaline may be overpowered if it isn't being lowered from sleeping. If it is forced on you, can I simply remove it using the console and it won't come back?
  3. Is there a chance that a mod will be made that simulates survival mode without the hassle of no console and no saving, or perhaps even just adding the hunger / thirst / sleep to the standard mode?

I've held off on starting the game because I knew that the survival update was coming, but I'm seriously considering just starting a game in normal difficulty and just eating, sleeping and drinking when I feel it's appropriate.

Edited by Thicketford

1): Hunger, thirst and sleep rate seems quite balanced but some drug, chem or other actions can increase them, use them wisely :wink:

also if you use a mod that allow fast travel, time will go faster and you will get hungry and tired all the time.

2): Adrenaline is tied to the survival logic, no toggle there. A lot of people don't get the big picture and will be disappointed if they save all the time.

3): it would be possible to have a balanced save mod that for example block save in combat, and remove some adrenaline point at each save.

Some other mod may come, that just doesnt add adrenaline at all, but for now the sources of the survival scripts are outdated, so it's better to wait a bit.
If you know you will save all the time, you can also set the adrenaline buff to +0% in the CK, it's probably the easiest way.

Edited by mcguffin

3): it would be possible to have a balanced save mod that for example block save in combat, and remove some adrenaline point at each save.

Some other mod may come, that just doesnt add adrenaline at all, but for now the sources of the survival scripts are outdated, so it's better to wait a bit.

Even with the adrenaline "perk" the characters damage is woefully behind any NPC's, on top of that NPC's never run out of ammo, can spam grenades/molotovs with abandon, and have accuracy that would make a sniper blush. 3x, 10MM to the unarmored head of a raider, and they are still alive? Realism what's that? While we the player has to scan around for enemies, NPC's know exactly where you are even in the most built up woods or urban areas. I've been using the Save Menu mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11542/) and one will still need to sleep regularly anyway, effectively nerfing the "perk" to almost uselessness.

No, honestly, all npc die rather quickly. And it's even becoming quicker on the long term. (of course the first level are tough, specially when your hp is in the damage range of molotov ;) )

The thing is, fallout4 is no difficult at all if you save all the time, I mean at all. So you have to decide at some point where you are placing the challenge you need, (if you need one, of course).

It's perfectly fine if you just want to wander around without caring to much, and even, the adrenaline perk can help you to not care at all.

But if you want things that are a bit balanced, you will be disappointed.